Quorum for Mess Meeting

Anyone happen to know (or know where it is written) what the quorum for a Mess Meeting is? Indeed is there even one or could the PMC theoretically have a meeting by himself if noone turned up?

It's usually wriiten in a quaint document by the name of 'The Mess Rules'.

I imagine you'll find a coffee-stained dog-eared copy (unamended since 1995) behind the rags and silver polish in the mess office.

It's usually wriiten in a quaint document by the name of 'The Mess Rules'.

I imagine you'll find a coffee-stained dog-eared copy (unamended since 1995) behind the rags and silver polish in the mess office.
Off thread but.... Rooting around a Mess in some God forsaken part of Blighty I moved an ancient piece of furniture - not that nice formica stuff we now have - and found some silver cutlery with the RAF mark on the handles. Cue Razzman. Bless his sweaty-socks - which he was - and turned a blind eye to the pilferring as it was obviously ancient and RAF. We now have some lovely fish knives and bits of cutlery only an orificier would know how to us.

Off thread but.... Rooting around a Mess in some God forsaken part of Blighty I moved an ancient piece of furniture - not that nice formica stuff we now have - and found some silver cutlery with the RAF mark on the handles. Cue Razzman. Bless his sweaty-socks - which he was - and turned a blind eye to the pilferring as it was obviously ancient and RAF. We now have some lovely fish knives and bits of cutlery only an orificier would know how to us.
RAF? It'll have EPNS stamped on the back.

I just checked, it does indeed have EPNS on it and someone reckons it's from the 50s. The weird thing is I can't find any record of an RAF base near Barnstable.

I just checked, it does indeed have EPNS on it and someone reckons it's from the 50s. The weird thing is I can't find any record of an RAF base near Barnstable.
Apart from RAF Chivenor then.
And possibly some RAF at Fremington just after the war.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

Issue plated silver. Pattern is called tail, I think.

Might have a date, an arrow, a part no and the manufacturer on.

picture_10_116.jpg

This is turning into the antique roadshow.
Accept it, the silver was nicked by some pikey from the gullible RAF and disgarded when they discovered it was epns and not proper stuff the Army have looted from all corners of the globe

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I thought you could wear whatever aftershave you liked! Bloody strict mess rule imho

I think a quorum will depend on the Mess. Obviously the number of mess members is important. Some rules may require a minimum number of members attending the meeting and then go for a simple majority, others may specify a certain proportion in favour. The OP needs the rules for that particular mess.

There may be something in QRs. Haven't read those for 15 years or more.

Are we starting another "let's see how far we can deviate in a thread" story board?

Mess Quorums to fish knives and old RAF camps in one page.

Pretty impressive!

In fact someone did check and there were not enough people there so we have to do it all again, which is good because we can ne ready for the knobs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think a quorum will depend on the Mess. Obviously the number of mess members is important. Some rules may require a minimum number of members attending the meeting and then go for a simple majority, others may specify a certain proportion in favour. The OP needs the rules for that particular mess.

There may be something in QRs. Haven't read those for 15 years or more.

that would make sense as a fixed number to be quorate would be a bit of a joke in some units ( Fd Hosp or a Artificer numbers heavy unit for instance ) there might be ra rule based on a proprtion of the members ( a third plus one or somesuch) ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Juniors 0
G The Intelligence Cell 12
The_Tara Weapons, Equipment & Rations 1