Quiz Question Help Please

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cider, Dec 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening everyone I wonder if you could help me with a charity quiz as I'm stuck on one question and can't find the answer anywhere. "What part of a soldier's uniform in the British army is his Hairy Mary". Sorry if it's obvious but I'm not from a forces background.

Thanks in advance and a happy new year.

CJ

2. thought a hairy mary was a kind of cake...

3. 'Hairy Mary' - the untidy, overgrown and thoroughly unkempt pubic area of a common female bog troll

4. His sporran???

5. When you refer to ' a soldier', is it a male or female soldier?

6. The question on the printed sheet says "his".

CJ

7. believe its one of the old kf shirts or the old bd dress jacket = but ppretty certain its a shirt

8. the reason being the material was so rough you either had to shave the inside or give it a damn fine going over with a really hot iron or else it would itch you to death - far worse than crabs ever could

9. I still had a shirt itchy in the early 90's, RSM hated it, damn thing was almost see through by the time it was buried with full military honours. well when i say full military honours, it got the best we could manage while bladdered on herfy handbags at midnight on a weekend. think it ended up in the rose bed outside the CO's office

10. ANy battledress or old style service dress . Due to the reasons given above . Itchy

11. All miles off. I shan't spoil it though.

12. Give us a clue

13. Clue - Boer War.

14. ciders question referred to army uniform so i think the battle dress/shirt is the right answer
    mover is on about a steam engine from the boer war that was protected from rifle fire with rope.

15. hairy mary - my money is with the old issue og shirt