Quiz Question Help Please

Good evening everyone I wonder if you could help me with a charity quiz as I'm stuck on one question and can't find the answer anywhere. "What part of a soldier's uniform in the British army is his Hairy Mary". Sorry if it's obvious but I'm not from a forces background.

Thanks in advance and a happy new year.

CJ

thought a hairy mary was a kind of cake...

Cider said:
Good evening everyone I wonder if you could help me with a charity quiz as I'm stuck on one question and can't find the answer anywhere. "What part of a soldier's uniform in the British army is his Hairy Mary". Sorry if it's obvious but I'm not from a forces background.

CJ

'Hairy Mary' - the untidy, overgrown and thoroughly unkempt pubic area of a common female bog troll

His sporran???

believe its one of the old kf shirts or the old bd dress jacket = but ppretty certain its a shirt

the reason being the material was so rough you either had to shave the inside or give it a damn fine going over with a really hot iron or else it would itch you to death - far worse than crabs ever could

I still had a shirt itchy in the early 90's, RSM hated it, damn thing was almost see through by the time it was buried with full military honours. well when i say full military honours, it got the best we could manage while bladdered on herfy handbags at midnight on a weekend. think it ended up in the rose bed outside the CO's office

ANy battledress or old style service dress . Due to the reasons given above . Itchy

Give us a clue

ciders question referred to army uniform so i think the battle dress/shirt is the right answer
mover is on about a steam engine from the boer war that was protected from rifle fire with rope.

Cider said:

CJ
Try this:
http://www.biscuitsbrown.com/forces_dictionary/dictionary.php?parsed=H

The old wool kf shirt we were issued