Quilt for Selly Oak

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by oldbaldy, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Over on charities a quilt is being compiled & individuals can sponsor a square with their Regimental badge for £25 or just a name for a tenner.
    At the moment the Infantry is thin on the ground. I have a SG badge on but how about getting some more on there.
    Even the the bloody crabs are on.

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

YESSSSSS ... 8)

Bloody embarrassing, really.

I mean, you guys are doing most of the dirty work and paying the price.
    And it's YOUR mates we're drumming up the dosh to help.

Just a thought.
  3. blue-sophist

BTW, if you don't want to put up a badge for your Regt, you can just send cash ... 8)

Attached Files:

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Never thought that perhaps many of us have, but just don't feel the need to flaunt our charity by adding to threads saying "look at me" or buying badges on quilts?
  5. The mission here is to help raise funds to support those who are giving a helping hand to those who need it.

Fact of life, if you want to raise funds for any reason, you have to tell people that you want money. This is just another way of doing that.

The badges on quilts project has raised £00s, and I for one won't have a pop at anyone who gives a penny, whether they tell everybody about it, or not.

6. We tread a fine line and risk p1ssing people off by forciign it down their throats...

Easy to see both side of the coin and the Duke is very much onside and a regular donator..... Although he probably won't thank me for saying
  7. blue-sophist

"Unload ... "

Accept my apologies if I have caused offence to any out there.
    I'm just trying to bump things along.

Crawls off to Dark Deep Secret Hangar, tail between legs .... :oops:
  8. I don't disagree. the Duke has a valid point, and my post wasn't meant to be having a go at him (my apologies to T_D if it read that way). However it's a very British failing to snipe at those raising their head above the parapet. (I can't believe that I'm sticking up for an ex-crab here).

Edited to add: Two apologies in a row - what's happening to Arrse? It must be the civilising influence of the Infantry! :p
  9. I don't think anyone is having a pop at anyone.... I'm certainly not aiming my post at B_S..... he is a dirty old crab but I am more than grateful for everything he has done and continues to do.
  10. blue-sophist

You'd be grubby after all that time rummaging in Deep Dark etc.

Anyway, probably 'nuff said, apart from thanking PB for his support. 8)

Moving on, follow me chaps ..... RV at 20,000 ft, first one airborne is leader ....
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Tally ho and all that! No offence taken, and bumping for good causes is vital - but a few less "shame on you's" wouldn't go amiss!
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No one is saying 'look at me'.
    This a way of raising funds and having something small in return.
    My avatar is my 'day job' (OK I'm a volunteer but you get the drift) and I know how important it is to have a handle when asking people to donate.
    niner_domestic is the person doing the most for this. Giving money is easy, giving time & expertise is far more valuable.
    If anyone wants to give to the appeal they can do so anonymously or they can donate a square without an accreditation.
    Simple really.