Quick Resettlement Grant Question

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by CutShort, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Got a couple of months left to use the grant, however, was told by CTP, to find the course, fill the forms in, claim the money then pay for the course.

    However, the paperwork says pay for the course, then claim it back.

    I will struggle to payout about £500 for a course, however, if I was to get an invoice from the training provider, could I claim the cash against this, and then pay for the course?

    Any advice duly appreciated! Cheers
     
  2. Get the training provider to provide you with an invoice.

    You can claim up to 80% of your £534 IRTC grant in advance of the course. The remaining 20% you claim on completion.
    You will need a MOD Form 1746 to do this. You can download one from the CTP website if needed.

    MOD Forms
     
  3. Why ask here? better to ask your own IERO or the IERO clerk who do this sort of thing daily!