Quick rations question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, Apr 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Are 10 man rations (or any number other than individual) packs still available and are they boil in the bag? Just curious as to crew feeding and central feeding in FOBs etc!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

2. Yes.

Similar idea to the old type, with lots of cheap noodles for some reason in the ones I saw.

Depends on the FOB / PB, they were a luxury in ours as we just had a stock pile of 24hr and a box full of left overs.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks, seems logical, were the bib meal sachets bigger then?

4. I thought the ten man rats were still the old tins ?

5. No they're not BIB they are as polar says similar to the old style Tins, main meals, fruit chocolate, sweets etc, unfortunatly as G4 is a dark art and I'm not allowed anywhere near it I couldn't tell you the exact contents.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks for that so the 4 man and 10 man rat packs still exist! Interesting!

7. Why? What are you planning?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing yet, I do like to hoard away for rainy days and snowed in scenarios and compo ticks a few boxes on the list!

9. You're like me, never know when there will be civil war.

10. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Can you not make it next Thursday at 09:45 please. Also, can I bring a friend and I need to tell TSO how long I'll be away.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Almost dissapointed that the summmer inner city BBQ season didnt spread to here so I could shoot looters and dispense summary justice. I have a feeling I may know when they could be a civil war but I'm better off preparing for natural disasters unless you consider the plod going on strike being an unnatural one?

12. I've said it befoer but i'll repeat it the Chinese takeaways are the ones to watch, they all close Tuesday nights for party meetings, there is one in even the smallest village. It's been noted that many are older type houses that have cellars, i'll not mention what I think is in these cellars but an educated chap like you will guess.
    The Russians are only behaving because they are saving up and they're laughing at our ever decreasing spending on defence. The time will come and i'll be as ready as I can be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Post apocolyptic doom recognises no time!

I suppose the one problem with the breakdown of law and order is what gets put in its place which means one of us has to line up the civil servants against the wall along with the MPs.
    Work it never ends!
    Reggie Perrin - Forces of anarchy - YouTube

14. Look at these £1.39 today I've bought 5
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1334937377.448597.jpg

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We have a cash and carry card and when we need big amounts of food I get her to buy the catering cans of spam and corned beef etc, that with the big tins of beans and I'm in heaven portioning it into containers and freezing as ready meals for the rugrats!