Quick Question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by FarrellBradley, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All I have just recently applied and I am awaiting my BARB test dates. I am interested in joining the rifles if i got through selection and interviews and when i pass out of basic training would i then choose my battalion or would i be placed into a battalion that needs me the most? Or would i be put into a battalion thats the closest to me which would be chepstow? I just thought i would ask as I forgot to ask at the Careers Office any help would be appreciated.

2. You can choose as far as I know. Thinkin about the rifles also, 3 Rifles is the closest to me in edinburgh. :D

3. Most likely you will have a choice but as far as I'm aware they also have the authority to put you in there chosen regiment for what ever reasons they may have.

4. I thought you said quick?

5. I'm joining the rifles too , start basic in 1/3/09

They asked me what battalion I would like to join and I said 3 rifles

So you get to choose , and best of luck with you app mate

6. and the primitive word being "like", how ever don't think for a second if they need you somewhere else they won't hesitate to send you there.