quick question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by fellez08, Oct 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right..
    i passed selection for the paras and was told i would be goin harrogate september
    heard nothing after naggin me recruitin sgt (ignore spelling)
    was told i would get in for january rang him to see if i was in and he said this was full aswell
    i was wondering if i could change to my second choice so far down the line
    this way i was told i would get in for january
    then when i complete training (which i WILL do) ask if i could giv paras another go
    though i would ask u lot being as thou my recruitin sgt is away till monday
    cheers

2. Just be patient and wait for your first choice. This is going to be your career for maybe the next 22 years waiting an extra couple of months for your first choice is nothing on the big scale of things.

3. yes but he said if im not in for january i will have to wait till july
    for adult intake and then it would of been over a year since i did selection
    and i thought after a year you have to do selection again

4. The problem is you may take your second choice (eg Engineers) then you will do phase 1 training, then phase 2 (where you will learn your trade) then you still may not be able to transfer to the Paras. Then if you are allowed to transfer (which can take over a year from what other people that have transfered have told me in the past) you will have to do P coy, get your wings etc.

Are you better not waiting and doing all the training at once, with the guys you will bond with, with the guys you will go to your unit with?

5. Whilst waiting you could try and brush up on your English.

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Unless you have something constructive to add, wind your neck in.

7. innit! ;)

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

9. I thought that was a constructive post, what would you have him do whilst waiting ?

10. spellin we don need no steenkin spellin :D

11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Go and be a smartarse somewhere else. Quite simple really.

12. Smudge is right, better to do your basic with the guys you're going to be working with. Many of the guys you do basic with will be mates for life, even if you get posted to different batallions. Better to wait and do your training with your first choice.

Use the intervening year (it'll pass sooner than you think) to work on your fitness and stamina. The Army will make you fitter than you ever thought possible but it is always a good idea to have a good level of basic fitness. Don't go running with back packs and stuff just work on stamina and endurance.

I hope you get your first choice and do well, you'll be joining a regiment with a short but glory covered history; they will expect a lot of you and you must find it to give.

13. Well put Markintime,saved me a lot of typing :wink:

14. cheers for the replys lads
    im going to wait and go for my first choice
    cheers

15. Good choice imo, don't go back on it.
    I would assume you're 16 at the mo - why not join the cadets in the meantime? (If you are not already in them that is)