quick question

Discussion in 'RAC' started by fuzzhead, Jun 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start this september my training at harrogate , I am going in as reconnaissance tank crewman in the queens royal lancers , however i have noticed in 2014 they are amalgamating with the 12th/16th lancers .(i think i got that right)

On selection i asked about this and they where like dont worry, but the more i think about it ,would it of been wiser to go another regiment ,and would there be a chance i could loose my job ect even though i would of only just finished training in 2014 .

2. Why would they bin someone that's just finished training? The fat unpromotable mong will be first in line - unless you are the fat unpromotable mong.

Oh, and it's the 9/12L the QRL will be amalgamating with - becoming the 5/9/12/16/17/21RL... probably.
  3. may they in training tell me to go to another regiment and wouldnt the regiment be annoyed if longtime members loose jobs and a new guy can just walk in ?
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

That's not the way it works, so don't worry about. The Army has been down-sizing since 1918 with a bit of a blip in the 40s. It still always needs new chaps to join as teenagers.

You should be worried about any cuts in about 2022, not these current ones.
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

No. The 5th had some black mark against them way back in the mists and ended up junior to the 16th (and probably the rest, so my guess is 9/12/16/17/21/5th Lancers.

Or a meringue?

Is it any wonder the tanks says that fractions don't count.

Still, at least the army's new orbat now has more horses that tanks (according to a paper at the weekend, about 450 vs 227), so that ought to secure any further cuts in cavalry regiments. Which is nice.

And the tanks keep making jokes about the army's 100 year experiment with aircraft? Pot, meet kettle.

Where did I leave me tin hat?

If you ain't cav, you ain't.

There I think I have caught a good few of the stereotypes.
  6. Gettafuckyawallopinggeordibassa.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I resemble that remark. Fackin' Jawdee. Spit.

8. Fibonacci's Own ?

ps - got the A levels, so I know it's not FS
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hey fuzz head start basic in ten weeks joining the same QRL, but from what i have been told they will be amalgamating with 9th/12th royal lancers and the will make RL (royal Lancers)
  10. yh thats right one good thing is wont stand out as much as a new person if people are getting to know the others aswell