quick question

A colleague has just asked what the correct terminology is for an army helicopter "buzzing" someone riding a motorbike across Salisbury Plain - is buzzing the correct word?

Hmm well just be careful you never know who rides motorbikes..

Reminds me of a famous incident a few years ago where a certain RN junglie pilot decided to "have a race" at very low level with the London - Taunton express - only to get compulsorarily PVR'd the next day as he didn't realise there was an Admiral on board...

stab23 said:
Hmm well just be careful you never know who rides motorbikes..

Reminds me of a famous incident a few years ago where a certain RN junglie pilot decided to "have a race" at very low level with the London - Taunton express - only to get compulsorarily PVR'd the next day as he didn't realise there was an Admiral on board...
Moral of the story is 'make sure you dont bother authing or signing the cab out'. ;)

stab23 said:
Target Practice

Whilst driving with a colleague on a lonely stretch of Scottish road, we were overflown by 2 Jaguars at quite low level. He commented on the coincidence of that happened, at which point I burst out laughing and pointed out that we were targets of opportunity. "Oh!", he said and when I further pointed out they were probably on the way to the range with live munitions, the colour drained out of his face - literally :pale:

I've never seen somebody get so upset about a spot of low flying :D

Also, possibly not a good idea to try to race even a village hoppa train with a flying whale. The Admiral must have been a squinty sharp-eyed type to note the serial as he whizzed past on the train...

stab23 said:
Also, possibly not a good idea to try to race even a village hoppa train with a flying whale. The Admiral must have been a squinty sharp-eyed type to note the serial as he whizzed past on the train...
No longer the case with Carson :twisted:

Low flying, when I have the opportunity to get a screwdriver out and open the inspection hatches of the Tornado as it passes? And that Pucara makes the most evil noise.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Junglynx said:
No longer the case with Carson :twisted:
Are you able to get up to 92 kts with the new blades now? :D
With a 40kt tailwind of course :D Plus being prepared to lose a few panels :oops:

Edited for the afteraffects of 1 through 15R vibration.

Lynx, Puma, Super Puma, we all know cats don't like the water.

mad_mick said:
Low flying, when I have the opportunity to get a screwdriver out and open the inspection hatches of the Tornado as it passes? And that Pucara makes the most evil noise.
Nah, low flying is when you're going down a wee valley looking up at a stag, standing on an outcrop 50 ft away from your wingtip, looking down at you :D

Fortunately, some mad Polack was at the controls, not me!

Low flying is.... flying past a house in a Valley and being at the same height as Mr Civie who looks over his news paper with a look of .."Oh my God" expression on his face.

P

PrinceAlbert

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
mad_mick said:
Lynx, Puma, Super Puma, we all know cats don't like the water.
It may be just me and how I read that but I think that may be in slightly bad taste at present mate.
That'll be the salt water.