quick question (Sierra Leone)

during our time there how many British troops lost their lives?

from my googling i can see two, one SF and another in a helo crash. anyone have a definate number?

there really dosnt seem to be much online about it

During the raid to recover troops who'd (apparently) got lost and captured by a local gang, the "Them" point man got slotted (in an otherwise very one-sided difference of opinion) The BBC gave out his name and rank as it had been with his previous unit, which seemed to have been the Gunners. I remember it, because I won a fiver by predicting how the job would be done, and when, and being correct to within four hours....

During the raid to recover troops who'd (apparently) got lost and captured by a local gang, the "Them" point man got slotted (in an otherwise very one-sided difference of opinion) The BBC gave out his name and rank as it had been with his previous unit, which seemed to have been the Gunners. I remember it, because I won a fiver by predicting how the job would be done, and when, and being correct to within four hours....
Well Mystic Meg, betting on the outcome of approx. 200 British Forces lives, seems a tad insensitive to me!
A further 12 were injured (1 seriously) so it was a bit more than a one sided difference of opinion.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
From what I remember it wasn't very one sided... It may have seemed it from your armchair though.

The lad from the SAS who was killed was Brad, my mate. Apart from Andy McFlab, who actually uses 'slotted' apart from cadets?

Language changes with time. It also changes from Regiment to regiment. Plenty of ARRSErs use the expression "Bint"... but few (if any) of them served in Egypt. The army's been around since 1649; it (and its language) didn't magically come into existence the day YOU joined it. Royal Semantics Corps was it?

Language changes with time. It also changes from Regiment to regiment. Plenty of ARRSErs use the expression "Bint"... but few (if any) of them served in Egypt. The army's been around since 1649; it (and its language) didn't magically come into existence the day YOU joined it. Royal Semantics Corps was it?

**** me, someones overdue a bout of terminable bowel cancer...