quick question (Sierra Leone)

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by atmycommand, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. during our time there how many British troops lost their lives?

from my googling i can see two, one SF and another in a helo crash. anyone have a definate number?

there really dosnt seem to be much online about it

2. During the raid to recover troops who'd (apparently) got lost and captured by a local gang, the "Them" point man got slotted (in an otherwise very one-sided difference of opinion) The BBC gave out his name and rank as it had been with his previous unit, which seemed to have been the Gunners. I remember it, because I won a fiver by predicting how the job would be done, and when, and being correct to within four hours....

3. The lad from the SAS who was killed was Brad, my mate. Apart from Andy McFlab, who actually uses 'slotted' apart from cadets?

4. RAF Regiment?

5. HHH

HHH LE

Well Mystic Meg, betting on the outcome of approx. 200 British Forces lives, seems a tad insensitive to me!
    A further 12 were injured (1 seriously) so it was a bit more than a one sided difference of opinion.

6. sorry to hear that, we had many friends in common but i never met him myself

7. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

From what I remember it wasn't very one sided... It may have seemed it from your armchair though.

8. Language changes with time. It also changes from Regiment to regiment. Plenty of ARRSErs use the expression "Bint"... but few (if any) of them served in Egypt. The army's been around since 1649; it (and its language) didn't magically come into existence the day YOU joined it. Royal Semantics Corps was it?

9. W.A.L.T.S.

10. **** me, someones overdue a bout of terminable bowel cancer...

11. Cpl Mick Phillips and Rfn Coman, 1 RGJ, killed in an RTA outside Freetown in 2002. RIP.