Quick question on the Comms Systems Operator about qualifications

M

machie

Basically I am hoping to join the Forces, been wanting to for ages and have been training for months + currently doing a preparation course due to having a broken wrist a year ago and got deffered until Aug this year (so it fully recovered)

I firstly wanted to join the Infantry but now been looking into the CSO role,

it says on the jobs website:

You should have:

Qualifications: 2 x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D in English Lang and Maths or a science/ICT based subject.
I have an English GCSE and a C in ICT, but no maths. I'm a little confused, will this be enough to apply??

thanks + sorry if i sound like a noob!

Don't think that counts. You need a D in English, Maths and Science/ICT at the very least. I originally wanted to go for Electronic Warfare but I didn't have the qualifications for that so I had to choose Comms Systems Operator.

Actually, after rereading that quote a few times over I'm not sure if it means a D in Maths OR Science/IT.

M

machie

no worries, thanks for the replies. I'll be going down afco monday now I'll find out for sure. hopefully its maths OR ict

Grade D in English.

Grade D in Maths or a Science/ICT subject.

However, don't expect to be top of the pile if that is all you are bringing to the party. Many Ops apply with a fist full of Bs and Cs.

IIRC, EW Op requires grade C in English and maths and either a Science/IT or a foreign lang.

Grade D in English.

Grade D in Maths or a Science/ICT subject.

However, don't expect to be top of the pile if that is all you are bringing to the party. Many Ops apply with a fist full of Bs and Cs.

IIRC, EW Op requires grade C in English and maths and either a Science/IT or a foreign lang.
Huh? I thought that depended on your ADSC performance, not your GCSE grades?

Huh? I thought that depended on your ADSC performance, not your GCSE grades?
The two compliment each other.

And you should know that...

joshrichardson said:
Don't think that counts. You need a D in English, Maths and Science/ICT at the very least. I originally wanted to go for Electronic Warfare but I didn't have the qualifications for that so I had to choose Comms Systems Operator.

Liar. I've read the Daily Mail (not really) and I know for a fact that every kid leaves school with tonnes of Gcse and A levels.

I'm going for EWOp with, as previously stated, a fistful of B's and C's, with a couple of low A level grades too (just not quite enough to apply as officer), I'd hope that would give me a boost in selection.