Quick Question on Etiquette

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Unknown_Callsign, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are a SSgt, but in the position of a SSM/CSM/BSM etc, this does not give you the right to make the rest of the unit call you "Sir", does it?
  2. no it just means you are just a walt trying to up yourself earn the title and then enjoy it if thats what floats yer boat.
  3. No, only Flight Sergeants in the RAF are called Sir
  4. Etiquette, a word developed by the rich, too confound the poor
  5. Although if you mean he's substantive SSgt, but locally promoted and wearing the badge, then yes.
  6. No, not wearing any badge, just doing the job.
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The simple answer is No - however, there is nothing to stop you standing in front of a mirror and calling yourself "Sir" :lol:
  8. But only by other Flight Sergeants
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

The no he isn't. He must be granted local rank by OC.
  10. Unless of course, the said SSgt is a colour bloke in the Guards, then by appointment he is called sir.

Yet another of those little foibles the Guards have :)
  11. Must be difficult when they have their tongues up each others orifices.
  12. I remember in the late 70's arriving at the Guards Depot on my first day, met at Brookwood station by a CoH and spent the day calling him Sir!
  13. True indeed Gren,ya beat me to it ! :D
  14. I think you'll find an OC doesn't have the authority to grant local rank. I'm not even sure a CO can, by my recollection I think it has to be granted by the Bde Comd for local WO2.