Quick Question from the Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Hi I am off to Iraq in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering what the craic is with electrical sockets out there. Much appreciated. Newbie x
 

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#2
Electricity comes out of them.

What unit gave you such a shit pre-deployment brief as to not cover this?
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#3
AngB said:
Hi I am off to Iraq in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering what the craic is with electrical sockets out there. Much appreciated. Newbie x
Don't lick your fingers & then stick them in the socket.
 

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#4
(The serious answer)

The majority of sockets within the COB (formerly Basra Air Station) are UK type, especially in the accommodation. Your laptop/dvd/whatever will be fine.
 
#5
Clever, very clever. Its actually the NAAFI (Shock Horror) and I am goin in on Civi Side only had interview a month ago, got medicals an shit this week and then got 4 days "training" in June and then get sent off so kinda need to know to buy bits and pieces now. Have googled it already but theres not much in the way of info flyin around.
 
#6
Fugly said:
(The serious answer)

The majority of sockets within the COB (formerly Basra Air Station) are UK type, especially in the accommodation. Your laptop/dvd/whatever will be fine.
Cheers
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#8
Fugly said:
See above. At worst, you'll need a couple of UK/EU converter plugs.
You might be able to get one in the EFI.... :D
 
#13
So I've heard. Is it realy that bad or are just all really whingey about the NAAFI cos its something to bond over? Everythings in Dollars out there isn't it?
 
#14
AngB said:
So I've heard. Is it realy that bad or are just all really whingey about the NAAFI cos its something to bond over? Everythings in Dollars out there isn't it?
Let's just say that, for my next deployment, I am going to sacrifice a lot of space in my bergen to make room for 6 month's worth of toiletries, so that I don't have to shop there. One of the bonuses of a tour is saving money, and I'm fucked if I'm going to give it all to the NAAFI before I get home.
 
#15
AngB said:
So I've heard. Is it realy that bad or are just all really whingey about the NAAFI cos its something to bond over? Everythings in Dollars out there isn't it?
In my 16 years in the Army I only ever bought anything at the NAAFI if there was absolutly nowhere else to get it.
 
#16
Ang, you could let them know that they are 'a bunch of robbing barstewards' NAAFI have always been shite for the lads (I not sure that they are a UK company, maybe German) they are their to rip the lads off.!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top