Quick Question from the Newbie

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AngB, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I am off to Iraq in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering what the craic is with electrical sockets out there. Much appreciated. Newbie x

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Electricity comes out of them.

What unit gave you such a shit pre-deployment brief as to not cover this?

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Don't lick your fingers & then stick them in the socket.

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

(The serious answer)

The majority of sockets within the COB (formerly Basra Air Station) are UK type, especially in the accommodation. Your laptop/dvd/whatever will be fine.

5. Clever, very clever. Its actually the NAAFI (Shock Horror) and I am goin in on Civi Side only had interview a month ago, got medicals an shit this week and then got 4 days "training" in June and then get sent off so kinda need to know to buy bits and pieces now. Have googled it already but theres not much in the way of info flyin around.

6. Cheers

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

See above. At worst, you'll need a couple of UK/EU converter plugs.

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

You might be able to get one in the EFI.... :D

9. Yeah I'd prefer not to pay £50 for one

10. No staff discount?

11. Thats with the discount

12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

She's not joking!

13. So I've heard. Is it realy that bad or are just all really whingey about the NAAFI cos its something to bond over? Everythings in Dollars out there isn't it?

14. Let's just say that, for my next deployment, I am going to sacrifice a lot of space in my bergen to make room for 6 month's worth of toiletries, so that I don't have to shop there. One of the bonuses of a tour is saving money, and I'm fucked if I'm going to give it all to the NAAFI before I get home.

15. In my 16 years in the Army I only ever bought anything at the NAAFI if there was absolutly nowhere else to get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.