• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Quick question for the law enforcement types on arrse.

To all our boys and girls in blue on here,

Is there a police version of arrse on the world wide tinterweb?
The reason being is I have a favour to ask from my local force with respect to my sons birthday and I don't know where to start.

Is it best to go through 'poliz-arrse.com', head into my local station, contact the force direct or dial 999 :twisted:

Cheers
Jim

There's policeoracle.com

Heading to your local copshop - make sure its open, dont go when it's busy - 0001-2359 hours.

Get on your force's website and seek out your local community/safer neighbourhoods officer.

If it's about a party, don't tell them. They'll turn up and eat everything!

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
So whats the surprise? Come on. It aint like your sprog is going to be reading the ARRSE, is it?

PLEASE tell me you want CO19 to deliver a Sponge Bob Square Pants birthday cake?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I bet the SOCO's would do a lovely powerpoint presentation of their favourite photos?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They will turn up and breathalyse your guests as they leave, provided they are not rough and tough.
They will probably be around anyway, just look for an ice cream van with a camera poking out of the back.

My son is only 4. I just wanted to see if I could arrange for a car to come round so he could have a look-see and play with the blue lights etc.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
old_fat_and_hairy said:
just look for an ice cream van with a camera poking out of the back.
A lot of them seem to hide in cupboards these days.

Maybe some of them could come out of the cupboard as a lovely birthday surprise?

jimnicebutdim said:
My son is only 4. I just wanted to see if I could arrange for a car to come round so he could have a look-see and play with the blue lights etc.
Seeing how the rozzers won't sent a car round to attend attempted muggings/burglary in process, I'd say your chances are slim to none!

Cupboard or Closet ?

OOooer!

Hat, Coat, Taxi!

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
jimnicebutdim said:
Get your boy to ring the local nick and announce all their horses are fairies. That should do it.

jimnicebutdim said:
My Wah-o-meter is flickering...

I doubt you stand much chance of that unless A) you know one of them personally and B) they are VERY not busy on the day in question. If you are rural rather than urban maybe better odds, but still not likely. Do plod do open days? I seem to remember plod, fireman sam and the St. John's ambulance types pitching up at the local fete/fair/highland games when I was a nipper; that might be a better bet for this sort of thing.

Failing that, I read recently of a limousine hire company that did fire engines for birthday parties, funerals(NODUFF!), barmitzvahs, etc. Maybe a wander through the yellow pages or google will turn up something local.

You could also try local car clubs or film prop car providers for a preserved SD1 or a Granny with a jam sandwich.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
twofifty said:
Failing that, I read recently of a limousine hire company that did fire engines for birthday parties, funerals(NODUFF!), barmitzvahs, etc.
Ring Tanks A Lot and see if they will let the little chap play Chase The Rozzer in this thing...

twofifty said:
jimnicebutdim said:
My Wah-o-meter is flickering...

I doubt you stand much chance of that unless A) you know one of them personally and B) they are VERY not busy on the day in question. If you are rural rather than urban maybe better odds, but still not likely. Do plod do open days? I seem to remember plod, fireman sam and the St. John's ambulance types pitching up at the local fete/fair/highland games when I was a nipper; that might be a better bet for this sort of thing.

Failing that, I read recently of a limousine hire company that did fire engines for birthday parties, funerals(NODUFF!), barmitzvahs, etc. Maybe a wander through the yellow pages or google will turn up something local.

You could also try local car clubs or film prop car providers for a preserved SD1 or a Granny with a jam sandwich.
Not a wah, geniune request.

Unfortunatly I live in the big smoke (Northwood) and just wanted to give my lad a great day (he's had a hard time of it recently).
If we'd been at my old unit I could've got the RAFP to do the honours easy, but we don't have any visible coppers here.

I know what you mean about the fairs and stuff, when I was kid the local navy camp used to throw a summer fair which'd have all the above with all their gucci kit as well as all the fun stuff (helicopters, CVR(T), hovercraft, quadbikes, etc) that we big kids in uniform can play with.

It's a shame he's not into military wagons as much as he's into the emergency service's. That'd have been too easy.

Oh well
Cheers for help so far
Jim

Since he's only four they'll probably come as there's not much chance of having to do any work. Uxbridge officers were never known for their pro-active policing.

PS, Northwood is very rural as far as the Met is concerned.