Quick question for the artillery types

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Croque_Monsieur, Apr 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Is there a term for the stepped opening in a fortified gun battery though which the gun fires?
  2. Embrasure?
  3. What he said.

    em·bra·sure (m-brzhr)
    1. An opening in a thick wall for a door or window, especially one with sides angled so that the opening is larger on the inside of the wall than on the outside.
    2. A flared opening for a gun in a wall or parapet.
  4. That's the badger! Been sitting here like a drooning mong trying to find the word....
    • Like Like x 1