Quick question about shaving

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Rotary Madness, Mar 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ill be starting training on the 15th next month, and I've already had a look at a friends kit list as he is going in before me. It says you need to bring a razor, but what I wanted to know is am I allowed to use my traditional safety razor like the one below, or will they not like the idea of razor blades?

858748400_fb8cb3a848.jpg

Thanks in advance.

2. **** off. Use it in a horizontal motion on your neck and wrists!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Probably a shit Wah but I'll play.

It's fine.

4. Its a safety razor, so that wouldnt kill me.

5. That's fine, try putting your face in this:

Woodchipper_1726231c.jpg

6. Doubt that they will get their knickers in a twist about it, unless things have really changed in the last 20 odd years. When I went through recruit training we had one fellow who used a straight razor, he merely had to prove to the staff that he could actually shave with it.

7. There will be times when you have to shave in a hurry, and it might not be the best design of razor for that. Good on you though for using a traditional product.

8. Well said.

I've just blancoed my trainers and will shortly be drowning my neighbour to prove she is not a witch.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Don't forget your Brylcream, ration card and a penny for the public phone box in case of emergency.

uqfegd

pp

• Like Like x 2
  10. learn to shave without foam. you will thank me for it later ;)

11. Can you still get blades for them? Our local chemist doesn't stock them anymore, nor the local corner shops, though plenty of Polish food stuffs and Rosewater.

12. What, Oh wise one, are the benefits of shaving without foam. The world waits with baited breath.

13. Some people have no tolerance to young people asking clearly difficult to answer questions :)

14. Wilkinson Classic blades still for sale at most chemists on my side of the pond. I like his razor, looks like a German Merkur that I have been shaving with since 1967 and it is still fine except for some on the nickel plating wearing thin. I do have straight razors and a great Rolls Razor but I always shave a bit slower with them to avoid removing lips, nose etc.

Always use a brush and soap, much better that aerosol stuff.

Bit od septic USN trivia. Most USN submariners use brush and soap as all aerosol products are banned on SSN's, SSBN's.

15. I always use soap and a brush it's loads cheaper.