Quick Q for the Aussies

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am shipping quite legally a dummy launcher to Oz for a customer and despite the humongously long list of specifically prohibited items on the Oz Customs website (the launcher is exempt) I cant specifically find .22rf blanks mentioned. Can anyone tell me if they are controlled and they will need to get permits at their end or will they just be siezed and its another country I cant ever visit?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers that's the ban all website which isn't too clear! I have sent them an email to see if I can get a ruling!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  3. If they're not specifically mentioned on the list, I would obtain consent from the AFP directly if possible as customs and Australia post will always err on the side of caution. One to bear in mind, the past two weeks have seen two major busts, one for glocks going through the post in parts and one for AR 15s in the same way. Sydney is alight with shootings just now, so caution is advised or you will lose your stuff.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Looking at what the order costs to ship he is better buying locally and paying in ozdoz as its almost a third of the total cost again with the cheapest carrier!
    I have emailed oz customs but I suspect I will be using it for reference only!