Quick MT Question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TheCheerfulSubbie, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

Can someone please settle an argument. A new NCO insists that on the Works Ticket (....ok,ok...Transport Operating Record, or whatever it is) for a vehicle, if you're carrying any kind of passenger you have to fill in the "Authorised Passengers" box on the back.

I'm sure that's utter balls, and you can carry military passengers without having to fill in anything - the "Authorised Passengers" bit is for authorised civilians, dependents and the like.

If it changes anything, we are in a Unit that has to hire in all of our vehicles due to the wonders of WFM. Can someone quote JSP chapter and verse on this, or better, a link, to solve this one? :?

Many thanks.

2. JSP 800 will tell you the ins & outs of the ATUD (Authority To Use Document - James speak for work ticket).

In 34+ years, & even when using the James ATUD, I have never seen the authorised passenger box completed for anything other than when carrying non-military passengers.
  3. Your new NCO is talking balls
  4. JSP 800: Defence Movements and Transportation Regulations - Volume 5:

Annex A to Chapter 11, Para 66:
    Authorised Passengers The MT staff are to insert the date of travel and names of authorised passengers. It is NOT necessary to list those service personnel, civil servants or contractors who are otherwise entitled to transport.
  5. EScotia, polar69, Sparks_Fly,

Many thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

6. Check that sh1t out 8)
  7. Does the JSP 800 state who has to clean a white fleet vehicle?

I recall it used to be that the " Last " driver was to refuel and ensure the vehicle is clean for the following driver.

Can somebody drop the paragraph to me on PM please

8. If the new NCO is MT by trade ... shove him in a SV tyre and roll him round the yard for half an hour.

As others have stated, it's only for civvy passengers. Although if you're TA you all should probably sign it.