Quick MATT related questions

Hi all,

Couple of quick questions I realised I don't know the answer to and may need this weekend :oops:

i) If HIDE is the mnemonic for early nerve agent symptoms, and NIMS is danger symptoms, what's the one for late symptoms?

ii) What's the compression to release ratio for a tourniquet? 15min on, 2min off is ringing a bell, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks in advance,

usmarox said:
If HIDE is the mnemonic for early nerve agent symptoms, and NIMS is danger symptoms, what's the one for late symptoms?
DEATH :p

PRIT is the late symptoms.
Can't exactly remember what it stands for though.

usmarox said:
Hi all,

Couple of quick questions I realised I don't know the answer to and may need this weekend :oops:

i) If HIDE is the mnemonic for early nerve agent symptoms, and NIMS is danger symptoms, what's the one for late symptoms?

ii) What's the compression to release ratio for a tourniquet? 15min on, 2min off is ringing a bell, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks in advance,
You dont. Once applied it should be left for a medical proffesional to release.

Cant remember the mnemonic at the mo, will post again in the morning when I have a look.

I might be out of date but:

Early - DRPT
Later - HIDE
Danger - NIMS

Write a T on the forehead and time and leave it, as mentioned above

Someone needs to put a wiki page together...

msr said:
Someone needs to put a wiki page together...
...And regularly check it to see if it needs updating because like everything CBRN/First aid/BCDT wise, it will be subject to change without prior notice or warning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P ARRSE: Site Issues 16
Mighty_doh_nut The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B 4
G Infantry 12