• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Quick battery charge question

i've got a 12v 7ah motor cycle battery for powering a fish finder

What charger do I need to get to juice it up. Can I get one from argos. If so which one

Results for 12v charger

Cheers

Bag in on a std car charger but don't leave in on for days as it will boil the gel off

or an old 12v Wart wart / Plug top psu 1.5A ish thing, crimp female spades after cutting the jack off & bob ya uncle

Argos is within spitting distance, I just want one of you fine fellows to tell me which one to buy tomorow at 0900
the cheapest, their not really for your small battery.

you have a multi meter ?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to purchase a new battery?

1. Determine the type and capacity of the battery. There are several types and many capacities. The charger should be one that is designed to charge the type you have and the charge current needs to be as recommended for the type and capacity.

2. Search for a charger that is suitable for the type and capacity.

You might get away with using any old bog standard car battery charger but there's also a chance you might not!

Good luck