Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Repartee, Aug 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have got a few questions about Enhanced Learning Credits. Basically I am coming up to my four year point and considering signing off to do a masters degree. My questions are

    How much money is available for someone doing just the 4 years service?

    When can you start claiming it?

    How much can you claim per year? (the course I want to do is only one year)
  2. The short answer is 80% of the cost to a max of £1000
    You can claim any time after you have 4 yrs in the scheme and you can claim in 3 financial years.

    If this is your first degree qual, you may get the whole lot paid for.

    Go and see your IERO - the only person who really knows.
  3. You need 4 years in the scheme not 4 years in the Army, check your ELC Certificate to see what your start date is.

    Also, if you claim after youve left the army you are taxed on the £1000, while you are in the army pays the tax.
  4. I signed up to the ELC during phase 1 training and didn't receive a certificate. Should I have been given one?