Questions regarding sports, shaving, and phase 1 training.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Mordelly, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all. Back again with some more questions.

1.) How competitive is the level of sports in the army? How does it work? Am I best asking the people at the careers office about it? Sorry that's three questions at once. I'd be interested in boxing and football if possible you see.

2.) I have a real pale complexion, and no matter how long I stand in the mirror going over and over with the razor in all different directions, the hairs on my neck can always be seen through the pale skin. How big a deal will that be? Someone told me that was one of the main things he used to get pulled up on was shaving.

3.) I've applied for a job within the RLC, so am I right in thinking I'll be going to Pirbright?

Thanks for the help again guys. I apologize in advance if you find my questions to be stupid.

2. Cow

Cow LE

1.) How competitive is the level of sports in the army? How does it work? Am I best asking the people at the careers office about it? Sorry that's three questions at once. I'd be interested in boxing and football if possible you see.

Very, people from the forces represent their country at the Olympics. Many have gone pro in their chosen sport.

2.) I have a real pale complexion, and no matter how long I stand in the mirror going over and over with the razor in all different directions, the hairs on my neck can always be seen through the pale skin. How big a deal will that be? Someone told me that was one of the main things he used to get pulled up on was shaving.

I'm sure they'll let you know if it's an issue!

3.) I've applied for a job within the RLC, so am I right in thinking I'll be going to Pirbright?

Dunno, ask your Recruiter

3. Ricky hatton was in the forces

4. Nigel Benn was eh.

5. No, as a matter of fact he wasn't. He worked in the family business before going pro.

6. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Saw him in an exhibition bout in Fally 1980s. It lasted all of 10 seconds
    TB
    ]

7. actualy, i have a question about shaving. ive shaved since i was 13'ish.

i have a FULL face beard, across my entire jaw, and all the way down my neck (very stylish i must admit) but it grows like no other, i gave up shaving it around 15 when it came into full swing and just maintained it at a steady grade 1 trim every few days.

but when i shave it, i have to shave it every morning, will i have time to do this on the average day of phase 1 training?

chris

8. You will be taught how to "make time"!

The (wet) clean-shave you will give yourself on day -1, you will then supplement by wet shaves daily and I suggest a cat round with a leccy razor daily too. If you don't wish to be known as Wolf Boy...

9. Clean shaven everyday.

RLC train at Pirbright.

Sports are encouraged.

10. Clean shave every morning for the rest of forever if you join the Army.

Sports to whatever level you are capable of reaching.

And yes, Pirbright, lovely place, soon to be got rid of sadly.

11. Shaving you're face is a given but you will be pulled up severely if you neglect to shave your balls.

A hairy scrotum will earn you show parades by the dozen, so make sure you take the blade all the way to your hoop, just to be sure.

You'll soon get used to it, and the feeling is breathtaking, I assure you !

12. aye? Pirbright being abolished? is this correct? Why would they build new accommodation to get rid of it? More info please.

13. "I didnt have time Corporal" will be met with a "get up earlier, show parade at 1800!" Id take some moisturiser (theres plenty of acceptable blokey products out there these days) and its worth investing in a really good razor, fusions are the dogs bollocks.

14. My mistake, its Deepcut thats going, not pirbright.

15. am rlc and going winchester on 17 this month so a dont think u will be going to pirbright m8