Questions on training etc

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Whosaidbomb?, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how frequently selection weekends happen throughout the year (looking to join RLC as a driver if that helps), or if the 2007 dates are known?

I am looking to join at 31 and hope that will be ok - it should be given the new guidelines on age etc. My other question is around the training I am assuming it is the same for the older guys as the younger and I can run 1.5m in about 8 mins so that should be ok - but has basic training changed much since 1992? I was in Pirbright then and the training was intense, runs up heartbreak hill with another recruit on my shoulders I seem to recall

2. Selection is run every week. The training you will do is the 14 week adult course, nothing like the Guards Depot course. Who were your instructors; I was at the depot in 92 and was one of the ones doing the chasing to get recruits to the top of that hill.

3. I was in the RA then, it was the first intake to Pirbright for them. Trainers were Woodhouse and MacKevenna in Sphinx Troop.