Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on training etc

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how frequently selection weekends happen throughout the year (looking to join RLC as a driver if that helps), or if the 2007 dates are known?

I am looking to join at 31 and hope that will be ok - it should be given the new guidelines on age etc. My other question is around the training I am assuming it is the same for the older guys as the younger and I can run 1.5m in about 8 mins so that should be ok - but has basic training changed much since 1992? I was in Pirbright then and the training was intense, runs up heartbreak hill with another recruit on my shoulders I seem to recall

Blues_Cav

Old-Salt
Selection is run every week. The training you will do is the 14 week adult course, nothing like the Guards Depot course. Who were your instructors; I was at the depot in 92 and was one of the ones doing the chasing to get recruits to the top of that hill.

Latest Threads