Questions from my youth.

Offa

War Hero
As you get older certain questions pass you by. Is it ageism?
I cannot remember the last time I was asked "Which side do you dress, sir?" But then by now my inside leg measurement is unlikely to have changed too much.
Another question I wish I was asked is "You have got something, haven't you?" Of course, since the pill that has become more redundant.
"Are you available Saturday?" The hurtiest one of all.
I'm sure there are many other questions which we used to be asked, but no longer.

I cannot remember the last time I was asked "Which side do you dress, sir?" But then by now my inside leg measurement is unlikely to have changed too much.
How often do you get measured up for properly fitted trousers ?

Another question I wish I was asked is "You have got something, haven't you?" Of course, since the pill that has become more redundant.
.... and back in vogue due to plenty tropical nasties.
The pill doesn’t cure itching or your dick catching fire

I'm sure there are many other questions which we used to be asked, but no longer.

orgASMic

War Hero
"Something for the weekend, Sir?"

In fairness, I was never old enough for this to be asked at the barbershop (though I did hear it asked) a,s by the time I needed "something for the weekend", that bad AIDS was around so they were easier to get hold of.

"Two star or unleaded sir and can I check your oil and clean your windscreen?"

"Right son, what's your name, and where do you live, and does your mother know you're not at school?"

Last edited:

Wightsparker

War Hero
A ten-bob note for a bus ticket????? Nah mate, I can't change that!

Edited to add:

Four penn'th of chips please, and some gribbles.

What letters does your phone number start with?

would you like us to do a bob a job for you?

Childhood friends asking if you would like to go OUTSIDE and play?

"Two star or unleaded sir and can I check your oil and clean your windscreen?"

"Right son, what's your name, and where do you live, and does your mother know you're not at school?"
Oh you callow youth: -
"Premium or Regular and do you want a shot of Redex".
PS I've corrected your grammar on line 2; obviously this one came from regular experience.

Kids knocking on your front door with a handful of coppers asking if you had a gashling.

quilter

Old-Salt
Query: Why is "are you available Saturday" so hurtful, or have I missed something, apologies if I have.

What letters does your phone number start with?

First it was UPP 5184, That's upper Clapton E5. Then STA 6271, that's Stamford hill, N16. and dads at work was GER 7189. Gerard, that's in SoHo W1. Uncle jacks was LEY 3332, that's in Leyton, E10. and of course Scotland yard was WHI 1212, in Whitehall SW1.

Latest Threads