questions for a newbie

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ash_g, Dec 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, my names Ash and im 19 and ive had the army stuck in the back of my head for a fair old while. Now just wondering what advice any one can have on trianing, preparing myself for the selection weekend and what to expect ect. I've done my fair share of research but thought i would take the time to ask people who have been there and done it. Had my first visit with the careers office today got some books ect and he told me to come back in the new year to get the ball rolling.

so any advice?

much thank's

Ash

2. I would suggest reading the pile of other threads on the forum you've just posted in as this has been done hundreds of times before then come back with any specific questions :)

3. Have a good look around the training wing threads and you will see lots of good advice on the application process, medical info and the two day recruit selection at ADSC. Best advice is to listen and do everything your recruiter tells you. Good luck.

4. check out the health and fitness and training wing thread

5. ok cheer's i'll keep my progress posted. :)