Questions about the household cavalry

I never knew that he was a a pongo, thanks for that.
"He attained the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Royal Tank Regiment serving on Centurion tanks, where he pestered the mess cook to produce gourmet dinners."
As a bit of a thread drift, I read one of his books a while back. He wasn’t very academic, and was instead packed off into the army (in his words). He was with his regiment and complained about the scoff. And then put on the messing committee. An interest in food then really grew from there.
Floyd does not have much more than that to say about his time in the army.

As a bit of a thread drift, I read one of his books a while back. He wasn’t very academic, and was instead packed off into the army (in his words). He was with his regiment and complained about the scoff. And then put on the messing committee. An interest in food then really grew from there.
Floyd does not have much more than that to say about his time in the army.
He was mentioned on a RTR page on Facebook. It was said he started cooking his crews food out on scheme. Best fed troop in the Regt by all accounts.

He was mentioned on a RTR page on Facebook. It was said he started cooking his crews food out on scheme. Best fed troop in the Regt by all accounts.
Mrs R likes watching Saturday Breakfast (she could be doing my breakfast - the irony) and Floyd’s old shows are still played. He had an obsession with rugby, another RTR thing, and feeding larger groups.
Proper Cav do football, which is a sport for hooligans.