Questions about the household cavalry

Chef

LE
This will only happen if you fall to remove your Armour, should you fail to follow this simple advice you will SINK LIKE A FCUKING BRICK !!!! Enjoy

Wise words indeed.

Equally good advice for the Equitation phase is should you suffer an involuntary dismount lie still and make a noise like a carrot. The horse will return to you.

You should now pass both courses.

Public Duties await!!

Wise words indeed.

Equally good advice for the Equitation phase is should you suffer an involuntary dismount lie still and make a noise like a carrot. The horse will return to you.

You should now pass both courses.

Public Duties await!!
And try not to land on the Armour. Because unless your a dab hand with body panel dollies, dents are a barsteward to get out!

Army swim test is for heroes. Failures are scooped from the pool.
Look it up, and work towards it.
I passed my army swim test, just about. And I am a piss poor swimmer.
If it bothers you, my advice: relax and it will be over in a few minutes. Then you will have more time to look pretty in wellingtons.
Good luck!

Chef

LE
It's time to ask if the thread is going the way the OP imagined.

Well is it?

ROMFT

Old-Salt
One can take the piss out of the cavalry ok, but which of you have ever been graced with someone of the niveau of a certain Mr James Blunt in any of your paltry units.

Chimp

ADC
To be honest I’d take the swim test seriously. While in South Africa on a BMATT, I came across a grave of a dead British soldier erected by his comrades which read: “Drowned while watering his horse.”

You will be filmed and photographed more than any other soldiers in the world. Moreso than the Foot Guards, as there are 3 or 4 times as many of them as you. Also, in a crowd, troops on horseback can still be seen from further back, so easier for a proper tv cameraman, or a Japanese tourist to take a few clips of you. You can even be filmed doing a shit job that nobody else wants to do, by some gobby, repulsive, skanks.

To be honest I’d take the swim test seriously. While in South Africa on a BMATT, I came across a grave of a dead British soldier erected by his comrades which read: “Drowned while watering his horse.”
Also useful if asked to save the colours when your battalion is about to be over run by thousands of Zulu's.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
There called Farriers..
I'm not going to bite at your grammar mistake there, I'm not a grammar Nazi, I am a bit of a pedant though, so there. Have a pint of Babycham on me old bean. :drunken:

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Make it a pint of Old Peculiar and you got a deal.
I noticed I’d spelt it wrong as soon as I opened your post
You sir, have impeccable taste in beer and motorcycles, does this extend to fashion and the female of the species? If so, pics please, asking for a friend.