Questions about selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Geordie small, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to apply to join the Rifles when i feel I'm fit enough, but could you please answer a few questions about the selection process for me please?

1. When on selection, if I'm, lets say, 30 seconds off my required run time for the 1.5 miler, do they fail me?

2. Is it possible to go on an Insight course INSTEAD of going miles and miles away for a few hours of selection?

3. If i pass selection, start and I've started all my training, can they remove me from the course at any time without me wanting them too?

Thank's!

2. You do realise your eyesight is going to be tested don't you :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yep.

4. Hopefully, no, and hopefully.

5. 1) Depends, but if you are serious about joining get yourself fit. If you are fit and can't do that time due to your limitations you want pass out of catterick.

2) No. You have to go to selection, it's part of the process.

3) Depends. By the time you have started your training, you will have signed a contract. They won't decide they don't like you and kick you out the next day. You can be gotten rid of for getting injured, failing or being a terrible. All of these require you to go through a process and you will be given advice and have a chance to represent yourself.

6. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

1.If you do not meet the required standards you will fail.

2.Yes you can do an insight course but that is just to get a feel for being in the Army, ADSC is a requirement.

3 Yes you can be removed if the team feel you are not performing to required standards

7. Medical note - for spectacle wearers - 'the lenses of either eye must not be physically more than 5mm in thickness at any part of the curvature'.

For 'blindingly' obvious reason, this includes you.

This constraint not only serves to limit the number of registered blind prospective recruits from having a disappointing experience on their initial medical, but also provides a direct feed to the nearest RAF recruiting office where you will be going next.

tac

PS - I made that first bit up, but, in your heart of hearts, you knew that, didn't you?

8. Just leave it, no need for attacks against a user you dont agree with, not here please -Disco

9. Not quite as straight forward as that and to be honest if it got to the point that the recruit still wanted to be there and puts the effort in but the training staff believed they couldn't do anymore to train the individual then serious questions would be asked how he got through the process and passed selection plus why experienced staff couldn't do any more. There are many hurdles...interviews ...and processes to go before someone is discharged from phase 1 and phase 2 training even if they DAOR or if they are found med unsuitable. I'm sure there are plenty of ex phase 1 instructors on here who would be able to clarify that.

10. no need- Disco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.