Questions about Fighting Vehicle Numbers

Mjstks

Crow
Chaps,

Looking for some confirmation on the following...

I’ve read that the 3/4 ton 4x4, Series 3 Land Rover was given the designation FV18061...was this the case for all variants? I.e FFR, GS, Portee, Recce etc. If not what were their FV numbers?

Also, I’ve read an official gov document stating all FV numbers...but it’s a bit vague. Of interest is an FV516 Warrior (ATGM) is this referring to the Warrior fitted with Milan posts for the Gulf War?

Cheers.

Attachments

In the absence of any replies so far, my info only covers the Mk2A Series 3/4 ton.
The GS, FFR, Ambulance, Airfield Fire Truck all had their own FV number, so I expect the Series 3 also had seperate numbers for each variant. Sorry I don't know the FV numbers for them, so not much help then.

Image (19).jpgImage (20).jpgImage (21).jpgImage (22).jpg

Last edited:

4(T)

LE
Chaps,

Looking for some confirmation on the following...

I’ve read that the 3/4 ton 4x4, Series 3 Land Rover was given the designation FV18061...was this the case for all variants? I.e FFR, GS, Portee, Recce etc. If not what were their FV numbers?

Also, I’ve read an official gov document stating all FV numbers...but it’s a bit vague. Of interest is an FV516 Warrior (ATGM) is this referring to the Warrior fitted with Milan posts for the Gulf War?

Cheers.

Have you tried enquiring with the Tank Museum? They seem to have the source docs to identify the FV- numbers of all the weird prototype and one-off vehicles that they have, so maybe they have the complete listings for all Army vehicles.

Latest Threads