Questions about Army life

Email

Swinger
Hello, sorry if there is already a thread for this. I have read that you work from 08:30 to 17:30 when in base, but what would you actually be doing? Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Hello, sorry if there is already a thread for this. I have read that you work from 08:30 to 17:30 when in base, but what would you actually be doing? Apologies if this is a stupid question.
You'll be doing what you are told.

Depends on the unit to be honest. If you have lots of vehicles be prepared to spend lots of time ‘maintaining’ them. PT will probably form part of most days. Masturbating will fill the rest.

Email

Swinger
Depends on the unit to be honest. If you have lots of vehicles be prepared to spend lots of time ‘maintaining’ them. PT will probably form part of most days. Masturbating will fill the rest.
Im looking to join infantry.

Im looking to join infantry.
Make for the mortar platoon as quickly as you can then. You get to ride rather than walk everywhere carrying heavy stuff. Sometimes they do make you walk a lot with tubes and things on your back, so there are some downsides.

Buddy!

Old-Salt
What cap badge / job do you intend on joining?

Email

Swinger
Make for the mortar platoon as quickly as you can then. You get to ride rather than walk everywhere carrying heavy stuff. Sometimes they do make you walk a lot with tubes and things on your back, so there are some downsides.
I don't mind walking, I prefer a more active lifestyle.
What cap badge / job do you intend on joining?
PWRR as a regular soldier, preferably 2nd battalion but I don't mind which battalion I get sent to.

Coz if you're 62 you might not fit in with the younger crowd. ;)

As CityLoyal said it depends on what type of unit you join, Infantry do a lot of training, working units spend a lot of time working, it sounds like you like doing the active PT stuff so learn to enjoy that and learn to enjoy the days faffing around as well.

Spend a bit of time reading the threads on here about the different species, Infantry, Armored, Recce, Loggies etc. it will give you a good insight into Army life. The main thing to remember is that you won't be slogging away in a boring repetitive job in civvy street. Adapt to the lifestyle and you will do fine no matter what unit you join. Are there days when you get bored out of your tree, of course there are, but you will get a lot of days that you will talk about for the rest of your life.

soleil

Old-Salt
I don't mind walking, I prefer a more active lifestyle.

PWRR as a regular soldier, preferably 2nd battalion but I don't mind which battalion I get sent to.
Is there a particular reason for your interest in the PWRR, Email?

Email

Swinger
Is there a particular reason for your interest in the PWRR, Email?
Well I want to join infantry and I have heard that they have a really good reputation, also one of my best mates is joining them aswell. I dont actually live anywhere near the counties they recruit from but I was told that wouldn't be an issue.

Latest Threads