Questions about afc Harrogate

I have a few questions about afc Harrogate:

What are the fitness requirements? 1.5 mile run time, press ups and sit ups in 2 minutes. In some places I've seen the run time as 14 minutes and in other places as 10:30. Can someone tell me which it is?

Can you have braces during selection? Bit of a wierd question but I don't want my braces to give me a disadvantage so will get them taken off if need be. I've read that you can't while you're there (they don't have qualified staff to look after it) but it didn't mention during selection.

Is it true you have to be 15 years and 7 months to start your application? For me that would be February 2015 (applying for Septemeer 2015), would there still be spaces available?

Thank you if you can help with any of my questions!
I'm sure I'll have more over the next year but this is it for now!

Son is hoping to go to AFC Harrogate on short cse Sept 15. He past selection in Oct 14. Any info on course offer of employment (as in when he might receive this), start date, block leave & pass out dates?............
Went to the open day, all very impressive.

Son is hoping to go to AFC Harrogate on short cse Sept 15. He past selection in Oct 14. Any info on course offer of employment (as in when he might receive this), start date, block leave & pass out dates?............
Offer of employment will come near to his start date (mine was a month or two I think), block leave and pass out dates they'll tell you when you get there

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Thank you for this. Did read but it says pass out Aug 15 (for Sep 14), yet the short course is only 23 weeks.......
Think I am going to give up and wait for JI's........

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Thank you for this. Did read but it says pass out Aug 15 (for Sep 14), yet the short course is only 23 weeks.......
Think I am going to give up and wait for JI's........

Having checked out the MOD website it appears they've linked both long and short courses to the same set of JI's, which is extremely less than impressive. I'm rather glad I left a decade and a half ago.

In other words, some helpful soul has deleted the word 'long' and inserted the word 'short' and thought the job is done.

Hey guys just following up some queries, so I'm 16 and am going to apply to join, however I'm nervous about the 1.5 mile run to my knowledge to pass the ADSC is 14:00 minutes junior entry, however I will be aiming for lower than this obviously by the end of phase 1 do you have to be running the 1.5 mile in 10:30 I know the whole ADSC doesn't revolve around the run but this it is the only thing I have doubts about.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
Hey guys just following up some queries, so I'm 16 and am going to apply to join, however I'm nervous about the 1.5 mile run to my knowledge to pass the ADSC is 14:00 minutes junior entry, however I will be aiming for lower than this obviously by the end of phase 1 do you have to be running the 1.5 mile in 10:30 I know the whole ADSC doesn't revolve around the run but this it is the only thing I have doubts about.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to complete the 1.5 Mile run in under 14.30 at the Assessment Centre (See here http://www.army.mod.uk/join/Getting-yourself-ready.aspx)

Try not to stress too much about your run time after Phase 1 Training, if successful you will be built up slowly to ensure the correct level of fitness during your training.

Latest Threads