Question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Jake16, Sep 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the difference between a Combat medic and a Combat team medic I cant fined out...:study:

2. One is a core role and one is a secondary role. Trained capbadged Medic and, for example; Infanteer trained as a medic.

Edited to add: That's what my Guinness infused brain is telling me :)

3. HHH

HHH LE

If you look on the British Army website role finder there is a description of both roles.
    Just scrool down to see both;

http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/

4. The word "team"

5. Sometimes i think ARRSE would fold without your wisdom and straight honest talk PA.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A combat medic (or combat med tech or CMT) is a soldier whose primary role is that of a medic. He or she will be part of the Royal Army Medical Corps. CMTs may be employed anyway from at the front as part of an infantry company or RAC squadron, right through the medical chain back to the field hospitals and beyond. Note that even if employed forward, a CMT will not be employed as an infantryman or armoured fighting vehicle crewman as his or her role is specifically to provide medical cover and not to fight (except in self defence or to defend his/her patients).

A team medic is a non-medical soldier who has been trained to give some medical care. This is really a bit more like advanced first aid. The team medics role is principally that of an infantryman/AFV crewman, etc. but he has the additional training to be able to provide some emergency medical treatment.

7. Spot on BC...except saying that after having 2 Armed Field Ambulance Mash Bar as my permanent residence between 1988 -1992 I can say i saw plenty of SNAKES fighting in that time :)