Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Army_Rizzle, Mar 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I emailed go pro uk, in case you don't know, go pro hd is the best helmet camera on the market, so I emailed them and asked if I could have one for free to take on Hedrick 16, bit cheeky I know, but if you don't ask you don't get. They replied stating they would be happy to give us a few of them if they could have the footage after to make a documentary. Now I know my first port of call is the adj, and that's what I will be doing next week.

Has anybody ever been in a similar situation? What was the outcome.

Obviously I'm very keen to get a free helmet cam :) RRP £400.
  2. I thought helmet cams weren't allowed, or being discouraged?

If someone is hit by an IED/shot etc and his camera is running it will all get boxed up by the RMPs and shipped off home to their folks who can then take out the microSD card and watch their son/daughter getting the good news first hand.

Why anyone would want to watch footage of you playing in your G10 stores is beyond me though.
  3. The camera can be mounted anywhere, vehicle, body, helmet.

G10/top cover.

I just want a free camera tbh, not arsed about any footage, it is perfect for skiing
  4. Fair one. If you get more than 1, I'll have one. It would be prefect for skiing.
  5. There on about throwing us 5.
  6. Feel free to put my name down for one if you have any going spare.
  7. Oh Lord, for a brief moment there I though you were going to tape one on to the end of your................ahem!
  8. You mean he's not????! Oh.....
  9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You'll not get away with handing over tapes for someone else to make a documentary, that'll properly bite you on the arse.
  10. Just tell them at the end of the tour that you were made to delete all your footage. Then keep the cams.
  11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

12. The exact thought had crossed my mind lol.