Question Time

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The BBC are recording Question Time at Brecon Cathederal on Friday. I was thinking of wandering (well hobbling given the state of my right leg - read the blogs) along.

Any suggestions for questions along the lines of "when does over-stretch become snapped?" would be very welcome.
  2. Some interesting points here...

Or how about asking why no soldiers in hospital after a stint in Iraq or Afghanistan have not been visitied by Blair or Des Browne..? link
  3. Don't you have to apply for tickets? Seem to remember they try to get a cross section of people with different political views. Might be an idea to enquire if you really want to go.
  4. Otherwise known as stacking the audience with left-wingers and, on occasion, Muslims when they are debating anything to do with the Middle East.

As far as the producers are concerned, different political views are sufficiently represented by the disaffected left wing of the Labour Party, and the left wing of the Liberal Democrats.
  5. You must remember that the producers of QT pick the questions. So it is fully censored.and the direction of the program is controled.

If someone asks an open question the BBC does not like you can bet that DD gets an earfull and moves on.

You never have the top labour politicians on QT.

Any way good luck and let us know how you get on if you go.
  6. I tried to get tickets for a recent Question Time but I was unsuccessful. You either ring a number and do it via their website. If you go through their site you have to answer questions about your views on certain areas of the news, whether you're disabled, your age and your race to ensure the right cross section of society. Not as easy as you think getting in to one of these shows!!