Question Time

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 307, Jun 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Right, I have seen this programme tonight, could it be used as a forum to get the message out over over HMs overstretched armed forces, equipment short fallings, poor pay etc? What do other ARRSERs think, am I being a plonker suggesting this or what? Could put a few of Bliars henchmen on the spot, make them sweat, get a few facts and figures out? Quite like the idea of making one of these politician ********* wriggle?
  2. Give us a rundown, would you?
  3. 307

307 War Hero

Nothing about forces tonight, but basically, the show is an audience of public, audience suggests questions to be debated. There is a panel with presenter, and guests ranging from MPs, journos, to Michael Winner (on tonight, quite a balanced bloke actually) and it has quite a big audience, by getting the issue on here, with a few ARRSE cells hidden in the audience to cause political mayhem, make a few MPs look idiots and try and get it in the media.
  4. It was tried sometime last year - someone had a question to ask, and canvassed opinion on this site for a suitable one, but the questioner didn't get to ask his question. Apparently they have more questions than they need and use them on the basis of what is happening in current affairs at the time.
  5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Or the thought police arrested the ARRSEr for breaching the laws on thoughtcrime especially the one that makes it illegal to think nasty thoughts about the Liarbour Govt.
  6. Can I suggest that someone invites QT to their local school?.

Were the school to be in a Garrison Town, or even BFG school, questions on the military from military families or ex-regs would be expected.

Try not to make it a date attracting the 'out-of-season' QT which is not populated by politicians, more celebs & thinkers.

Any military school (Dover, Gordon?) got an anniversary coming up?.
  7. 307

307 War Hero

I think it would be a good forum to grill some politicos. The garrison town idea is a good one, only thing is, QT finishes in 2 shows time, next ones in manchester next week then Johannesburg! The overstretch of the forces is in the news at the min though, that reports just been published. Maybe Op QT will have to wait until next year then for the new series to start.
  8. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

QT at a Garrison School near you - that would be top viewing! Challenging questions from an audience with blacked out faces 8O 8O