Question Time

Ladies and Gents,

Would anyone be interested in having a Question Time topic? One in which we debate the topics that come up in the show, and rant about the ridiculous comments the panel sometimes come up with.

Any thoughts?

G82

I'm too busy being outraged that I have to agree with that twat Piers

bomb_mac said:
I'm too busy being outraged that I have to agree with that t**t Piers
My thoughts exactly, what a sad day!

Although he did just say that he would have jumped on the story of '13 year old dad' had he still been at the mirror; but since he isn't he is outraged by it! Back to being a twat!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
ECHR needs to be rescinded.

No other country is hamstrung by it to the degree we are, and most of our EU 'friends' ignore huge sections of it they don't like. Or review it in each case. Being the main author and instigator of the document, we are led around by the nose by it.

And Piers Morgan is a smarmy fcuking cnut. Can someone kick him repeatedly in that ugly mug? Please...

parapauk said:
There is no better argument against democracy than watching question time.
Have to agree with that statement, just how do they pick the audience?
And the standard of the panel has dropped over the years IMNSHO.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
You have to be a left wing agitator, labour apologist/card carrying member, fundamentalist, do-gooder school teacher, Union - militant student or tick all the correct 'BBC boxes' to get in the audience.

And they roll out McNulty whenever their other guests can't make it. Professional politician - mouth moves, says nothing. O2 thief.

Command_doh said:
You have to be a left wing agitator, labour apologist/card carrying member, fundamentalist, do-gooder school teacher, Union - militant student or tick all the correct 'BBC boxes' to get in the audience.
That's me knackered then, and all of Arrse bar Sven and a few others.

Command_doh said:

And they roll out McNulty whenever their other guests can't make it. Professional politician - mouth moves, says nothing. O2 thief.
How the hell did Jack_Daniels get on it then, he doesn't tick any of those boxes. :wink:

I've been on it twice and in my opinion the audience has representaion of the three parties, one or two bigots and the odd lefty/thatcher jugend.

I have no problem with its makeup.

Sven said:
I've been on it twice and in my opinion the audience has representaion of the three parties, one or two bigots and the odd lefty/thatcher jugend.

I think you have just made my case for me, I thank you.

Command_doh said:
You have to be a left wing agitator, labour apologist/card carrying member, fundamentalist, do-gooder school teacher, Union - militant student or tick all the correct 'BBC boxes' to get in the audience.....
sven/ashie said:
I've been on it twice....blah....

:clown:

Sven said:

QED :twisted:

Command_doh said:
You have to be a left wing agitator, labour apologist/card carrying member, fundamentalist, do-gooder school teacher, Union - militant student...
Wot.

Like Heseltine? :?

Sven said:

All credibility shot

Have you ever got the feeling that a disproportionate number of the QT audience are quite young? Have you ever noticed how the entire audience appears to agree wildly whenever the duty lefty on the panel makes a pronouncement?

I read some comments recently from a former QT producer. She stated that QT staff will visit the Labour Club at the local college a few weeks before the programme is recorded. This ensures that they can recruit a balanced mix of lefties for most of the audience.

The lefties are then placed in the centre of the audience to give them the maximum 'on camera' time during audience shots that invariably occur when the duty lefty on the panel is being applauded.

I fear that QT is past its best. With an increasing number of vacuous celebrities on the panel and with Shami Chakrabarti becoming a permanent fixture, heavyweight opposition politicians wont go near the show.

Ancient_Mariner said:
Have you ever got the feeling that a disproportionate number of the QT audience are quite young? Have you ever noticed how the entire audience appears to agree wildly whenever the duty lefty on the panel makes a pronouncement?

I read some comments recently from a former QT producer. She stated that QT staff will visit the Labour Club at the local college a few weeks before the programme is recorded. This ensures that they can recruit a balanced mix of lefties for most of the audience.
I was on it once at the Oxford Union and outside were pearl wearing slone ranger horse types protesting about the hunt ban and not allowed in. But a large section in the audience were indeed university lefties who loved to debate (nascent TB types) and people who hang around in book shops where the tickets were available. I tried to ask a question about the fate of the Black Watch and got heckled!

If it was on last night I missed it, but I don't regret that; when the format became Lefty, New Lefty, Dimble, Liberal, Cretin I realised that it wasn't meant to do anything more than those awful daytime shows which induce some individual to confess his/her liking for hot dick in his/her ear and an audience to bay like dogs about it. Pointless rubbish, especially now that any form of conservative opinion is Oppressive and Offensive to some section of the audience or other (and probably unlawful, now, to boot).

I must admit that quite often when I watch the panel is clearly slanted against the government, with the sole government appologist barely supported by some Lib Dem. Of course there are time when the balance is shited towards the left, even to the left of the government at times. Equally one does eem to get a fair number of sometimes embarrasingly right wing views from the floor