Question Time last night

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by growler, May 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Paris, subject European Constitution and the referendum.
    A bl**dy good debate. Good arguments & an excellent panel.
    Can anybody on this site put their hand to heart and say that
    they have waded through this 500 page bureaucratic tome?
    As a bonus there was also this gorgeous dark-eyed little minx
    asking a question in faultless English (with just a hint of accent).
    My underpants tingled!!

2. Apparently there's only 28 pages of it which actually constitute the Constitution. The rest are appendices and annotations.

With any luck the Frogs will say "non" leaving it dead in the water.

3. If they do vote, "NON".....I will, and for this time only, say thank you to the French :oops:

4. I may be tempted to find a good word for them myself.
    Although it'll cause me some trauma.

5. Some very nice french totty asking questions though :D :D

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Amazing we appear to be relying on the Frogs and the Glog wearers to do the right thing. Well if they do I'll raise a brief 'vive' for them.

No doubt our Tone will breathe a sigh of relif and file plans for a UK referendum into the round file.

7. For all that I'm against the consitiution (handing over 95% of legislative power to Brussel) I find myself hoping for a French yes vote so that the 'Great British public' can give Tony a kicking at the polls, that is assuming the question for the proposed referendum isn't rigged for a positive result.

Zippy483

8. It's not so much rigging you need to worry about as "spin".

A "no" vote is a vote for hoodies and baseball caps!
    Vote "no" and you vote for more immigrants!
    Chavs vote "no"
    A "no" vote is a vote to double the dole!
    If you vote "no" you're voting to close the NHS

With the above slogans on the telly as often as Crazy Frog for a month actual vote rigging will be unnecessary.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Bix_B your respect for the GBP's reasoning power is on a par with my own !

Never underestimate the power of the Big Lie or the balls of a politician anxious to get away with one....

<< Aux armes ! L'equipe de GMTV ! >>

Le Chevre

10. I've read the bastard, but can't field too many questions on it. It's long, and boring. Rather like me really...

The Dutch government kindly stuffed up my letterbox with the monster. Try reading it in Clog... Most friends are going to vote Nee, which is nice.

Art I-16/2: "Member States shall actively and unreservedly support the Union's common foreign and security policy in a spirit of loyalty and mutual solidarity and shall comply with the Union's action in this area. They shall refrain from action contrary to the Union's interests or likely to impair its effectiveness. "

Let's hope every Frenchman does his duty...

11. Let the Frogs say NON and get it kicked into touch. Save a fair old bit of taxpayers wedge on a referendum which could be far more usefully spent on..

Teenage mums?

12. I still say that no matter what the Frog government says about people voting Yes Chirac wants a No vote.
    He can then squeal and wine and demand alteratations to the anglo saxon nature of the treaty.
    The European Union gave Germany Respectability post WW II and allowed The Frog a seat at the top table where they could play World Statesmen.
    john

13. The krauts don't deserve respectability (Holocaust anyone?) for a bloody long time when the Brits are still being caned by our unique bunch of non-achieving apologists for far earlier non PC incidents such as the camps in the Boer War. (Which we won by the way)
    Frogs/World Statesmen/play/lego

14. I still say that no matter what the Frog government says about people voting Yes Chirac wants a No vote.
    He can then squeal and wine and demand alteratations to the anglo saxon nature of the treaty.
    The European Union gave Germany Respectability post WW II and allowed The Frog a seat at the top table where they could play World Statesmen.
    john