Question Time - John Humphrys

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 12volts, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching Question Time. I've got to say that John Humphrys is making a good show as 'chairman', better than the injured Dimbleby. NONE of the panelists are being let off making flippant comments. It's good to watch them being screwed, the audience have sensed this too. About time IMHO.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I disagree. he is not bad, but he is interfering and interviewing too much at the moment.

Dimbleby doesn't let them off either, he just deals with them better, with a quick acid comment.

3. My vote still would be for Sir Robin Day

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Hmmmm. I can spot a slight problem with that though!

5. You are showing your age... although I will try not to notice!

Litotes

6. Excuse to reminisce over a little slip up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec81vte1rL8

7. Humphrys was good at not letting them away with anything - but asked too many follow on questions of his own.

I also noticed that the couple of opportunities to debate why we are in Afghanistan were just ignored - and time wasted on the Sun/Janes letter nonsense.

I think Will Self is a pain, totally negative - but I'd like to have heard the politicians debate "the reason why" with his input !

8. He is combative which is entertaining, but he doesn't seem to close down the shoite questions from the audience and feeds some of them to the panel, meaning time spent justifying all the bone generic quetsions/statements/views pumped out by the audience

Will self is my hero, mainly because politicians are unnerved as they just don't know exactly what's gonna come out of his twisted mind EXCELLENT. Hoofin tash as well

9. You there, ugly fellow with the spots and a question mark on his face, yes you, fairycakes, what's your question?

10. :D

But why should the public, on this issue, as regards the future of ARRSE, believe you, a transient, here-today and, if I may say so, gone-tomorrow poster.

11. We were discussing it on the chat room . That audience member with " the bald hair " should have been taken out and shot . What a cnut

12. As should you.

13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I caught some of this last night and actually found him monumentally irritating. He's a cantankerous sod at the best of times but I thought he was far too interfering last night and was almost schoolboyish in his arguments. Will Self just made me laugh - he always does - but I could have quite cheerfully kicked that Tory Baroness in the slats. What a trout.

14. Who was that Lib MP? She'd most certainly get it (even with her massive hooter).

15. [​IMG]

See what you mean.