Question Time - Dimbleby to go

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It’s been announced that Dimblebore is leaving his role in the chair of QT in December. I know it’s been mention on the QT three as and QT must change but it deserves its own thread.

Who should replace him? Fiona Bruce, Jeremy Clarkson, Paxo, one of the R4 today crew?

I think the program should go too.
Rarely do we get panels to set the juices of good balanced debate going or one to deride these days.
It appears to me audiences are far too Outrage Bussy, interruptive, and sometimes excessively disruptive.
For me canning the whole thing would be best. A bit like the G.S. of A., nowt can last for ever.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How about a rolling panel of chairmen and women like HIGNFY? It might stop it from getting stale again.

On the BBC News sofa this morning, the fragrant Louise mentioned her colleague Charlie Stape was getting support on Twitter etc. Christ, no!

On the BBC News sofa this morning, the fragrant Louise mentioned her colleague Charlie Stape was getting support on Twitter etc. Christ, no!
Watched his interview with the Health Minister (?) this morning.
Brought to mind the "savaged by a dead sheep" comment. He should stick to shmoozing film stars.

Cant say I'm sorry to see him go. I remember referendum night when he and his pro euro mates were there waiting to congratulate the British people on making the right choice of staying in Europe. All of them had what my daughter would describe as faces like slapped arses when it didn't go their way. Just another overpaid BBC apparatchnik.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cant say I'm sorry to see him go. I remember referendum night when he and his pro euro mates were there waiting to congratulate the British people on making the right choice of staying in Europe. All of them had what my daughter would describe as faces like slapped arses when it didn't go their way. Just another overpaid BBC apparatchnik.
I wouldn’t go that far. He just never stamped his authority on the panel or the audience in that way that Robin Day did. It has become stale.

He's always been a lefty BBC apparatchik luvvy. Iremember the coverage given to him getting a sh!t tattoo at an ange when he should know better. 'cos he is down wiv' de kids bruv innit.

Can't see Fiona "Greenham Common" Bruce being much of a change other than being easier on the eye. Ditto Kirsty Wark, both being BBC luvvies.

It would be nice to have someone with some authority who would give some of the panelists a smack with a rolled up newspaper once in a while.

Kirsty Young is suitably sparky but I can't see her wanting to do the political stuff.