Question Time Commentary

The RMT lost any sympathy from me when I found out the ridiculous Spanish practices present in their working agreements. One example being that if a "boss" says "hello" to a worker on his break then that is considered as work, and the worker's break starts again!

NSP

LE
They want 21st century wages for 18th century performance.
There was one of them on the news earlier giving it, "There's a cost of living crisis. We need a pay rise to survive." Turned out the fucker was on £55k a year - much more than the average - and in clover with his 1970s union terms. Everyone's feeling the CoL bite and most of them are not on half what that cunt is on, FFS!

NSP

LE
The RMT lost any sympathy from me when I found out the ridiculous Spanish practices present in their working agreements. One example being that if a "boss" says "hello" to a worker on his break then that is considered as work, and the worker's break starts again!
How'd they feel if the headshed were to stick his (or her) head into the crewroom to inform them, "Hey-up, lads - the station's on fire. Best shift arse!"??

Camm1

LE
The dispute is between the rail companies ant the unions. Not the government.
The driving licence issues are with the dvla based in Swansea.
The Labour Party will not openly support the strikes for fear of being seen to be aligned with said unions that fund them.

Labour chap says how good Wales is but the driving licence hold-ups currently being experienced is because the DVLA is in Wales and it is plagued by strikes called by a militant unison rep.

NSP

LE
"It doesn't work that way because of the franchise system." Hmmmm - well, how about amalgamating them all under one umbrella? It would need a new name, of course, to reflect the fact that it was one railway for the nation. What could they call it that rolled off of the tongue and encompassed it being a train system for Britain. Hmmmm?

Something's coming to me... A name is forming... Bri.... Erm... Briti... Urrr... British, er, RAIL!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Welsh Labour twat bigging up their "success." Erm, healthcare....?

Blimey. I was RMT and I didn't know that. I often had a lunch break with a Train Operations Manager and other drivers, two who were RMT reps. Looks like they owe us a good few days of lunch breaks, the bounders! :cool:

Camm1

LE
"It doesn't work that way because of the franchise system." Hmmmm - well, how about amalgamating them all under one umbrella? It would need a new name, of course, to reflect the fact that it was one railway for the nation. What could they call it that rolled of the tongue and encompassed it being a train system for Britain. Hmmmm?

Something's coming to me... A name is forming... Bri.... Erm... Briti... Urrr... British, er, RAIL!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!
Network Rail is a nationalised company and is the root cause of most of the rail infrastructure problems. They burn cash and constantly fail to perform. I think that problem needs addressing before thoughts of a unified / nationalised rail service is considered.

NSP

LE
Network Rail is a nationalised company and is the root cause of most of the rail infrastructure problems. They burn cash and constantly fail to perform. I think that problem needs addressing before thoughts of a unified / nationalised rail service is considered.
Because it is nationalised. If the private sector ran the way the public sector does it would be bust and indebted astronomically in a fortnight.

So hand the railways, infrastructure and rolling stock over to one private corporation with a state "golden share" - like the privatised utilities had until Brown scrapped the GS, the GS being what stopped them falling into foreign control.

Last edited:
I actually don't think that private companies can run efficient railways and make profit. Even in the hey days of railway travel, the companies were losing money hand over fist and they welcomed nationalization with open arms.

Latest Threads