Question Time Commentary

Daz

LE
"The Road Haulage Association says of the 600,000 registered HGV license holders half have left the industry, 16-20,000 foreign drivers are estimated to have returned home since Brexit and about 40,000 driving tests were cancelled due to the pandemic. Poor roadside facilities including a severe lack of roadside toilets and showers are also an issue."

So a small number buggered off; the rest retired or found more family-friendly employment. Naturally, the lack of facilities in reality is because if there were any they would promptly end up in rag order, be vandalised or ransacked for the metals by pikeys. In medialand the reason is: EVIL TORIES!!!!

The rest is down to lockdown and COVID restrictions delaying tests for new aspirants. Belatedly, the RLC examiners are apparently being mobilised to help process the outstanding test applications. In the interim, why not deploy the RLC (and RAF/RN) HGV1s to help pick up the slack? I mean, if they can have the army out at the drop of a badly-shapen beret when the FBU have everyone out then why not all the qualified artic' pilots the MoD employs, too...?
because using the Army as an employment agency is an extension of cheap EU labour, a sticking plaster at best, at worst it continues to mask the root cause of the issue - most of which are highlighted above.

I think the Govt approach is right: keep out of this as much as possible, let the industry and market adjust accordingly.

Ticks all the right boxes?, I didn't know she was a lesbian as well
She looks like she's screaming and thrashing around in ecstasy just saying hello, got only knows what she's like when her nubbin gets a rubbin......

Here's a dramatic turn for the books. There aren't three or more lefties this week. Oh, wait, Fiona is in charge. Penny Mordaunt, Anne McElvoy and Samuel Kasumu vs Wiston, McGovern and Bruce. Why doesn't it say that Winston is a Labour politician in the House of Lords?
1634231664672.png

Live With Littlewood is back. The 50th episode was on Wednesday evening. You can catch up with it here:

From the description:
Joining Mark on this episode of #LiveWithLittlewood :
Arlene Foster, Former First Minister of Northern Ireland;
Victoria Hewson, Head of Regulatory Affairs, IEA
Henry Hill, News Editor, Conservative Home;
Dr Jamie Whyte, Author
They'll be discussing... Frosty relations: What next for the Northern Ireland Protocol?
Supply chain schadenfreude: Will our current difficulties soon plague the EU?
Foot off the gas: What's the solution to our energy woes?
The "worst public health failure": How do we avoid repeating mistakes of Covid past?

Last edited:
Hope Penny wears her swimsuit this time

Penny-Mordaunt-MP-training-for-Splash.jpg

Slime

LE
I think QT will just be a Claudia Webbe special tonight, and solely concentrate on why Webbe should resign.

Oh, I meant the QT in an alternate universe, not the Left wing Beeb one :)

Slime

LE
Is that the nodding/clapping idiot from the QT50 in the audience?

Slime

LE
That’s the clappy idiot isn’t it?

Dalef65

Old-Salt
Switched off after the first couple of minutes. Can't be doing with this left wing bias .......Government must say sorry, haven't got a clue, must never happen again, Boris grr, Tories bad, nonsense.....

Slime

LE
Switched off after the first couple of minutes. Can't be doing with this left wing bias .......Government must say sorry, haven't got a clue, must never happen again, Boris grr, Tories bad, nonsense.....

Bugger, you’re going to miss the Labour lackey saying sorry

Slime

LE
Gaslighting? Another Americanism?

Earlier in the week the term Blackfishing was used, I had no idea at all what that meant.

At least gaslighting has been in use for many decades.