Question Time Commentary

If she comes back to the UK to face a trial there is a high chance of it collapsing, much of the evidence will be from Syria and that might make the evidence inadmissible.
It will upset some people on this thread, but a solution to this would be for her to be tried in the country where she committed the crimes.
It wouldn’t upset me at all if she was tried in Syria.
Hoisted by her own Petard and all that (literally perhaps).
Judged by the type of regime she aspired to be a part of. I doubt a suspended sentence/community service will be one of the possible outcomes. What’s not to like?

It wouldn’t upset me at all if she was tried in Syria.
Hoisted by her own Petard and all that (literally perhaps).
Judged by the type of regime she aspired to be a part of. I doubt a suspended sentence/community service will be one of the possible outcomes. What’s not to like?
Exactly. Also worth pointing out that UK rarely overrides local justice systems if a crime has been committed by a UK national (or ex-national) overseas. For example if a British citizen was caught smuggling drugs or was accused of murder in a country such as Thailand, Saudi Arabia or China the UK wouldn't normally attempt to fly them home and serve justice in the UK. I know the Syrian government don't currently have custody of her, but neither do the UK government at the moment.

Yes, I know, but what law has she broken in the UK?

Its a bit like the people who go to Amsterdam to smoke dope.
They haven’t broken any U.K. laws despite doing something illegal here.
The treason act 1351 amended 2013 by the Succession to the Crown Act probably covers it.

• adhering to the sovereign's enemies, giving them aid and comfort, in the realm or elsewhere

The death penalty might be removed but the crime still exists.
The elsewhere covers overseas.

O Zangado

War Hero
The prime directive for Sashimi is to get herself back onto UK soil, impending trial or not. The heffalump in the room is that if she is tried, the outcome is irrelevant. If found guilty, she may or may not serve part of any sentence. Or she may even be found not guilty, BUT in either eventuality I can guarantee she will not be deported afterwards. The bleeding hearts, Al Beeb, the Grauniad, George the "poet", Lily Allen and suchlike allied to Patel, Hamad, Mohammed and Patel LLP (other similarly diverse law firms are available these days) backed by a bottomless s*edload of legal aid funding will see to that.

Best to walk quietly away right now.

OZ

I was actually a bit disappointed that Neil did not defend GB News at all. He allowed the black guy to slag it off saying it peddles hatred without any intervention. I can only suppose the split between him and the station was pretty acrimonious!

I was actually a bit disappointed that Neil did not defend GB News at all. He allowed the black guy to slag it off saying it peddles hatred without any intervention. I can only suppose the split between him and the station was pretty acrimonious!

He did wish them well, but of course there was then heckling coming from various quarters. A sort of "We want to hear you, Andew, but we don't want anyone to be able to listen to what you're saying"

Judging by his banking career and what I've read of the sample of his book on Amazon, not something Mr Abbey knows much about.

Something like 'exceeding them 45 minutes ago', which I took to mean that he thought he had delivered a ko to Brillo earlier.

For his part, Brillo seemed dumbfounded by his idiocy.

oops - should have been a reply to @Slime post

What did the ex banker say about surpassing expectations?​
I saw it was another dig at Brillo, but didn’t hear the words.​

Last edited:

Slime

LE
I’m hoping tonight’s show has a new theme tune.

A re woking of an old British comedy song:
If you want to know the time, don’t ask David Lammy to ask a policeman.

NSP

LE
I'm only watching it because it's got Kate on. I suspect it will be the David Lammy Show again. As if his weekend slot on LBC wasn't enough...

LibDem bird needs to see an orthodontist!!

Lammy is already getting on my tits. The Government isn’t cutting Universal Credit, it is reverting to the previous level after the temporary rise introduced during the Pandemic. What part of temporary do Lammy and the usual suspects in the audience not understand?
I hope someone asks him about Keith Vaz. Hopefully that will shut him up.

Slime

LE
Good old Labour…….Bleating on about a £20 cut for some people on Universal Credit.

What we won’t see tonight is anyone pointing out the temporary £20 per week raise to universal credit was ONLY for those on universal credit (Yes, obvious I know), and will ignore the fact that lots and lots of people on other benefits (and who have been on those benefits before Covid) didn’t get even one single penny increase.

Slime

LE
The disabled woman the Lib Dem banged on about would be on DLA or PIP, so wouldn’t have had a £20 per week raise……… But then I suspect she was simply ‘made up’ by the Lib Dem.

Latest Threads