Question Time Commentary

But also the political right wing is a wide open space at present, sooner or later someone or some party will come to fill it? question is how far to the right?

Depends how it goes.. As Mark Steyn says if people can't get their views represented by reputable politicians they'll turn to the disreputable ones

I genuinely thought there was an ounce of hope for the country back in December 2019. Boris got his majority and Corbyn was gone.
Sadly, putting the global pandemic aside, I think this government have been shambolic when it come to home affairs.
Gavin Williamson looks like such a wet blanket and was useless as education secretary.
Priti Patel spoke a good game but has done sweet feck all. Done absolutely nothing on crime or the migrants arriving at Dover by boat by the thousands.

Priti Patel spoke a good game but has done sweet feck all. Done absolutely nothing on crime or the migrants arriving at Dover by boat by the thousands.
We all had such hope. Useless. Pointless. Grossly inadequate. A waste of a lot of skin.
Perhaps if Williamson went to that job he'd ... but, no.

For a conservative, I've found this band of fools less inspiring than the last one - and Cameron was not a national Leader to inspire much at all. What is wrong with them? I tend to think that they pay too much attention to 'social media', and respond in a cowardly fashion when criticised. Here in Northern Ireland, it is the British who have imposed all the customs rules between England/Scotland/Wales and this Province, not the Sprouts. Unreal. Meanwhile, our Navy and RNLI are merely a taxi service for criminal immigration. Doubly unreal.

Slime

LE
We all had such hope. Useless. Pointless. Grossly inadequate. A waste of a lot of skin.
Perhaps if Williamson went to that job he'd ... but, no.

For a conservative, I've found this band of fools less inspiring than the last one - and Cameron was not a national Leader to inspire much at all. What is wrong with them? I tend to think that they pay too much attention to 'social media', and respond in a cowardly fashion when criticised. Here in Northern Ireland, it is the British who have imposed all the customs rules between England/Scotland/Wales and this Province, not the Sprouts. Unreal. Meanwhile, our Navy and RNLI are merely a taxi service for criminal immigration. Doubly unreal.

Thats a little unfair on the RNLI, they are also giving free swimming lessons and free swimming costumes to those in foreign countries who may later become the very illegal immigrants you mention :)

Slime

LE
Anyone going to watch tonight?

Anyone going to watch tonight?
Yep, will do just because Brillo is on and I'm off tomorrow so can have several large gins, which I'll probably need..

NSP

LE
Bias? Yep!! Fifi did the mid-programme announcement of where they are next week and the week after. Told us that David Lammy is on next week and Wes Streeting the week after, plus some reality TV bimbette. No mention of the other politicians, just Labour. Of course, it could be that they haven't confirmed the rest of the panel yet but I doubt it.

AFN giving some ex-banker a dressing down for making a diatribe slagging off GB News, which AFN has just resigned from.

Slime

LE
Well, no surprise some on the panel were queuing up to slag off GB News, I imagine they will be literally wetting their pants when TalkRadio Tav starts next year.

Edited to change setting to wetting.

PFGEN

GCM
Brillo still takes no prisoners. It's just a pity he's in the minority as one of the few journos left with any integrity.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Bias? Yep!! Fifi did the mid-programme announcement of where they are next week and the week after. Told us that David Lammy is on next week and Wes Streeting the week after, plus some reality TV bimbette. No mention of the other politicians, just Labour. Of course, it could be that they haven't confirmed the rest of the panel yet but I doubt it.

AFN giving some ex-banker a dressing down for making a diatribe slagging off GB News, which AFN has just resigned from.

Let’s hope no 7 year olds are watching this……
They would be horrified at just how childish that ex banker is.

Slime

LE
I see the woman from the fence sitting party is sticking to her party line.