Question Time Commentary

You Greek knob! Like many many of the silent majority, you are underestimating the feeling of that majority. This bubble will surely burst one day.
Whilst I’m at it, Luntz strikes me as the thickest piss flap yet measured.

Slime

LE
I don't remember Margaret Thatcher supporting Apartheid.

The support for South Africa and Rhodesia are what people have been mentioning.

I think many woke-ists like to try to compare her to Cecil Rhodes.
Ive heard it said a lot in the last week.

Of course, those people never mention the sanctions the U.K. employed.

Efited to add.
Im simply trying to answer the question, not saying I agree with the idea.

Karamoja

War Hero
The support for South Africa and Rhodesia are what people have been mentioning.

I think many woke-ists like to try to compare her to Cecil Rhodes.
Ive heard it said a lot in the last week.

Of course, those people never mention the sanctions the U.K. employed.

Efited to add.
Im simply trying to answer the question, not saying I agree with the idea.
I was in Rhodesia and her election didn't change anything at all.

endure

GCM
I've never understood why people continue to watch a TV programme which they largely disagree with. Do their tellies not have on/off or channel change switches or do they secretly enjoy getting an indignant little stiffie of a Thursday evening? ;-)

Slime

LE
Just before I go to bed.
Its been amusing to hear multiple people on Radio phone ins compare Rhodes to Himmler, Hitler or Thatcher, and say how evil he was.

The amusing thing has been that I think many saying that probably think that everything got better once Rhodesia became Zimbabwe.

Good old Bobby Mugabe……The people’s friend ;)

Slime

LE
What if the LGBT community demanded that everyone prostrate themselves in front of an image of (insert any gay or lesbian icon) before any public event? Would anyone who refused automatically be labelled homophobic? Would you wisk to see your national sports team acquiescing to such subservient symbolism?

Last edited:
I've never understood why people continue to watch a TV programme which they largely disagree with. Do their tellies not have on/off or channel change switches or do they secretly enjoy getting an indignant little stiffie of a Thursday evening? ;-)
I was watching Ancient Aliens while reading the QT Commentary thread and looking up some other stuff at the same time. The fact that ARRSErs still watch QT shows that there is a need for topical discussion in the original QT format. As such there is the forlorn hope that it might return to what was perceived as a balanced and engaging format. A lot of such debates have moved to phone ins on LBC and Talk Radio. Some of us used to stay tuned for This Week, which was replaced by BrexitCast, aiming at the youth who ironically had moved to other platforms. Too little too late. There is some great debate and discussion on other mediums, albeit with smaller audiences, for now. Meanwhile QT offers a chance to have a disagreement with the telly and some utter belters on the panel and in the audience, question their grasp of reality and the supposed impartiality of producers and presenter. Oh, and spot the bussed in momentum activists.

Last edited:

endure

GCM
I was watching Ancient Aliens while reading the QT Commentary thread and looking up some other stuff at the same time. The fact that ARRSErs still watch QT shows that there is a need for topical discussion in the original QT format. As such there is the forlorn hope that it might return to what was perceived as a balanced and engaging format. A lot of such debates have moved to phone ins on LBC and Talk Radio. Some of us used to stay tuned for This Week, which was replaced by BrexitCast, aiming at the youth who ironically had moved to other platforms. Too little too late. There is some great debate and discussion on other mediums, albeit with smaller audiences, for now. Meanwhile QT offers a chance to have a disagreement with the telly and some utter belters, question their grasp of reality and the supposed impartiality of producers and presenter.

I was watching Ancient Aliens while reading the QT Commentary thread and looking up some other stuff at the same time. The fact that ARRSErs still watch QT shows that there is a need for topical discussion in the original QT format. As such there is the forlorn hope that it might return to what was perceived as a balanced and engaging format. A lot of such debates have moved to phone ins on LBC and Talk Radio. Some of us used to stay tuned for This Week, which was replaced by BrexitCast, aiming at the youth who ironically had moved to other platforms. Too little too late. There is some great debate and discussion on other mediums, albeit with smaller audiences, for now.
Balanced and engaging format? That’s what most would wish for but can you imagine inserting that concept into a BBC agenda? See that expired dobbin over there? You are flagellating it a dead lot.

Karamoja

War Hero
Just before I go to bed.
Its been amusing to hear multiple people on Radio phone ins compare Rhodes to Himmler, Hitler or Thatcher, and say how evil he was.

The amusing thing has been that I think many saying that probably think that everything got better once Rhodesia became Zimbabwe.

Good old Bobby Mugabe……The people’s friend ;)
And of course, stopping the Ndebele from carrying out their hobby of rape and pillaging raids against the Shona was another terrible thing he did.

What if the LGBT community demanded that everyone prostrate themselves in front of an image of (insert any gay or lesbian icon) before any public event? Would anyone who refused automatically be labelled homophobic? Would you wisk to see your national sports team acquiescing to such subservient symbolism?

It would certainly bring a different meaning to "taking the knee"

No wonder the BBC axed TW.
They can’t have their employees saying hurty things like that.
I thought they ditched Tomorrow's World because they always got it wrong.

A bit like clicking on a link that you have no interest in

Just watching GB News and good to see Andrew Neil back on. I’ve been catching snippets all day and already worried that I’ve not sought a defibrillator by being wound up by some woke prick.
The next bit just about to come on is entitled ‘Woke Watch’
So far so good.

Latest Threads