Question Time Commentary

Slime

LE
To be fair, no one saw it coming. It would have been folly if the owner of a private care home had spent shedloads on PPE efore there was a definite/urgent need for it.

That was my point.
All care providers need plans and actions in case of infection, yet 40,000 settings failed and no one bats an eyelid.
As per above stats, the private sector is far larger than the NHS and not one provider had enough kit.

All the providers I worked in had rules/actions in case of infection, and held supplies to deal with infection break outs, but Covid was far out of the scope any provider could cope with.

Slime

LE
Only if it was a young Julia Bradbury and a young Fiona!

I’m voting for it to be Julia Hartley Brewer v Fiona Bruce.
I’d settle for JHB sparking FB out rather than any wrestling.

That was my point.
All care providers need plans and actions in case of infection, yet 40,000 settings failed and no one bats an eyelid.
As per above stats, the private sector is far larger than the NHS and not one provider had enough kit.

All the providers I worked in had rules/actions in case of infection, and held supplies to deal with infection break outs, but Covid was far out of the scope any provider could cope with.
Fare point, but no one saw this happening on a global scale. Its OK having a cupboard full of facemasks and plastic gowns in case of infection. But the whole world was clamouring for the stuff. The price shoots up and the only poeple equipped to scale up for the demand are funnily enough, the Chinese.

NSP

LE
Labour lacky is stuffed here, Labour say the passports would be racist.
Why do they call it a "passport?" No-one ever called my Yellow Fever certificate a "passport." Or racist. All it does is show the bearer has a current active YF protection.

If black people choose not to take the COVID vaccine that's not racism, it's just being too fucking gullible and swallowing the lying Twatter crap about the vaccine stealing your DNA, etc.

Or blind, stupid, moronic pig-ignorance, as I prefer to call it.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
So a policy of summer schooling which will benefit most pupils can't happen because the dis-advantaged pupils won't attend! Why does this minority of dis-advantaged pupils have priority over the majority?
I'm sorry but I thought we had a system of compulsory education in this country...? If the law says you go to school, go to school or face the consequences. Simples...

Why do they call it a "passport?" No-one ever called my Yellow Fever certificate a "passport." Or racist. All it does is show the bearer has a current active YF protection.

If black people chose not to take the COVID vaccine that's not racism, it's just being too ******* gullible and swallowing the lying Twatter crap about the vaccine stealing your DNA, etc.

Blind, stupid, moronic pig ignorance.

I may be disclosing my political leanings with the following statement, but it has become fashionable among many poeple of late to denounce anyone who disagrees with their opinion to call the race card and try to shame them into submission into their mindset.
If you disagree with me you are, racist, homophobic and a facist, is a common cry.

I read that gardening is now racist a few weeks ago, because of the Latin names of many common plants.
The world has gone tits up.

Slime

LE

If black people choose not to take the COVID vaccine that's not racism, it's just being too fucking gullible and swallowing the lying Twatter crap about the vaccine stealing your DNA, etc.

My own take is that it suits some political lackeys to call it a passport, as the word passport is associated with photographs.

This same group like to point out that BAME groups are less likely to have photo ID.
This allows them to assert that vaccine passports (a slip of paper at the moment) and photo ID for voting in elections is racist.

There is however the comical irony that a group of people who would have recently arrived in the U.K. as immigrants are included in the group with no photo ID :)

NSP

LE
My own take is that it suits some political lackeys to call it a passport, as the word passport is associated with photographs.

This same group like to point out that BAME groups are less likely to have photo ID.
This allows them to assert that vaccine passports (a slip of paper at the moment) and photo ID for voting in elections is racist.

There is however the comical irony that a group of people who would have recently arrived in the U.K. as immigrants are included in the group with no photo ID :)
I would like to point out to the world that I hold several vaccination certificates due to the nature of my work and none of them bear my photo.

I have also entered and left Qatar without presenting a passport. Go figure...

Slime

LE
I would like to point out to the world that I hold several vaccination certificates due to the nature of my work and none of them bear my photo.

Bearing in mind this is ARSSE, most of us have worldwide travel jabs, and no pics on the docs.

But, there are lefties who accuse the army of being too white and full of racists :)

Have the certificate stamped into your normal passport with an online checkable code to help prevent fraud.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind this is ARSSE, most of us have worldwide travel jabs, and no pics on the docs.

But, there are lefties who accuse the army of being too white and full of racists :)
I don't. I tend to do one in the presence of people I don't know with pointy sharpies. My 100 metres run away is now considered to be 'bloody quick'.

Slime

LE
Anyone watching tonight?

It’s from NI so I’m sure there will be a fair amount of Boris bashing due to the letter sent to him by the paramilitaries..

NSP

LE
Kwasi just told Fifi to shut up - more or less!

Choice...

I’ve had enough. Can you imagine Robin Day letting Lisa Nandy get away with saying this is “...the worst economic situation that we’ve faced for hundreds of years”?

Has she never heard of the Great Depression or the days of devaluation, hyper-inflation, the three-day week, year-long strikes as the “sick man of Europe”, 15% interest rates on mortgages, etc?

Slime

LE
I’ve had enough. Can you imagine Robin Day letting Lisa Nandy get away with saying this is “...the worst economic situation that we’ve faced for hundreds of years”?

Has she never heard of the Great Depression or the days of devaluation, hyper-inflation, the three-day week, year-long strikes as the “sick man of Europe”, 15% interest rates on mortgages, etc?

The left of politics and the SNP often have unusual ways of understanding ‘years’.

I suspect she meant ‘dog years’ or ‘house fly’ years. :)