Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Time Commentary

Burnham thinks the government shouldn't close pubs without consulting the Dog & Duck first. What a pillock - he is only concerned about the MonoBrow Arms (landlord A. Burnham).

I just can't stand these arrseholes who switch from 'the government acted too slowly' to 'the government should consult everyone and go through it all with parliament before acting' just for their own self-aggrandisement.

Likewise the anti 'one size fits all' whingers, who switch to 'unfair on us because we're locked down locally'. If the south coast was the only local lockdown, do you think Andy Burnham would want it extended ?

Kunt (Keeble Bollege, Oxford)

Greek geezer has all the answers coupled with robust finger pointing at failures and who was responsible. He did such a good job in Greece didn’t he?
I found him to be the most lucid of the panellists and whilst I don't particular like his politics, he is at least an intelligent face for the left, makes a change from uneducated rants against the hated tories.

This travesty of a Political debate show had lost me well before lockdown - mainly down to the presenting style of Bruce and the obvious bias.
I haven’t returned to the social distanced, paired down version and judging by the comments here, that pleases me. I’ll rely on this thread to keep me up to date. Thanks fellas, for taking one for the team.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Well, that was enough to remind me why I don't bother with a TV licence anymore. Won't make that mistake again [watching QT]...

This travesty of a Political debate show had lost me well before lockdown - mainly down to the presenting style of Bruce and the obvious bias.
I haven’t returned to the social distanced, paired down version and judging by the comments here, that pleases me. I’ll rely on this thread to keep me up to date. Thanks fellas, for taking one for the team.

A shame, isn't it? She started out so well, with a balanced moderation style, then it all went tits up.

NSP

LE
Yes, but Fiona Bruce clarified that she is no longer an SNP MP. No clarification needed, she was SNP when she broke the rules.
As at my last checking Ferrier was still merely "suspended" and not "binned" she is still an SNP MP/member, albeit under - well - suspension.

As at my last checking Ferrier was still merely "suspended" and not "binned" she is still an SNP MP/member, albeit under - well - suspension.

She has had the SNP Whip removed, so effectively is not an SNP MP. She sits in Parliament as an "Independent". A Party cannot "bin" an MP, only the electorate can do that, unless she resigns voluntarily.

NSP

LE
She has had the SNP Whip removed, so effectively is not an SNP MP. She sits in Parliament as an "Independent". A Party cannot "bin" an MP, only the electorate can do that, unless she resigns voluntarily.
The wording the media was using last time I gave them my attention was that the whip had been "suspended" not "removed."

"Suspended" implies that it is temporary and she'll be back in the fold as soon as it's out of the headlines.

If Wee Nippy meant what she's been spinning she'd have had Fat Boy Dim down in Westminster remove entirely and forever, rather than merely suspend, the whip and would have expelled Morticia from the party.

The wording the media was using last time I gave them my attention was that the whip had been "suspended" not "removed."

"Suspended" implies that it is temporary and she'll be back in the fold as soon as it's out of the headlines.

If Wee Nippy meant what she's been spinning she'd have had Fat Boy Dim down in Westminster remove entirely and forever, rather than merely suspend, the whip and would have expelled Morticia from the party.

It is a question of semantics, there is no difference between suspension and removal of the whip. Wee Nippy is asking her to resign as an MP. This would remove her from Parliament, and result in a by election, and is the best option as far as I can see. If she doesn't resign, I hope and expect she will be expelled from the Party.

NSP

LE
Stahlhelm-Hair should still expel Morticia from the party, however.

An interesting juxtaposition:

Just in case the original tweet ‘disappears’.

B557AE78-608F-4DE5-8FFC-E36FA35E9E1E.jpeg

Margaret Ferrier: Commons speaker angry at 'reckless' Covid trip MP
The House of Commons speaker has said he is "very, very angry" at the "reckless" behaviour of an MP who travelled from Glasgow to London with Covid-19 symptoms, then returned home after testing positive...

Last edited:

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Fiona Bruce was not clarifying suspension. The caller revered to a MP travelling by train while Covid positive thus ignoring the rules. That wax the value of the callers question. Fiona Bruce bounced straight in stating the MP was SNP. This was utterly irrelevant to the point the caller was making. Usual BBC SNP bashing, would she have mentioned the party had the MP had been a red or blue Tory?

NSP

LE
It's the TV that's licenced, not the viewer. He could be watching the programme on somerone else's licenced TV.
Nope, it's definitely my TV. I just couldn't give a shit. Prove it, Crapita. Prove it and be damned. Oh. and they've been told that if they cross the boundary of my resident's management company land they'll be spanked for trespassing so I doubt they'll rock up to be told to foxtrot oscar any time soon.

Line up and link for Wednesday's Live with Littlewood. Watch live at 6pm on Wednesday 14th or catch up later.

Live with Littlewood – with Ben Bradley MP, Claire Fox, Mahyar Tousi and many more

1602611984366.png

Better than QT - which I've stopped watching as without audience providing some anti-bias due to BBC/Gov't Covid Derangement Syndrome it's useless

Esther Krakue: I don’t know what has happened to Boris Johnson but this is not what we signed up for

Andrew Neil TV
Stop Lockdowns - WHO Covid-19 envoy David Nabarro

Plank Of The Week with Mike Graham, Esther Krakue and Martin Daubney

No doubt QT this week will be CDS & TDS again with support for this fool which is scary for USA and World

Biden commits more gaffes on the campaign trail​

For UK: If he wins Brexit is gone

I watched this message of hope again yesterday.

Depressing, establishment, Left and msm around world have stifled it and now using Covid-19 to nail coffin shut and burn it

Latest Threads