Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Time Commentary

Looking forward to catching up with this episode soon. The shows are long but good. The format doesn't lend itself to rolling commentary like QT but it's a heck of a lot more informative.
Who needs rolling commentary? It's usually drivel, in any case. What's important is the quality of thought and opinion of the participants (which may or may not shift your own views on important matters). On the IEA's offerings, the speakers tend to be highly intelligent and successful in their fields, while on QT they're mostly politicos with the votes of the greedy proles in their constituencies to consider. And 'poets', of course; experts in economics, taxation and policing etc.

...and actually, on the YouTube channel, the comments in live time are seen by Littlewood, and acted on, if he's of a mind to do so...

Link to recording of this weeks Live With Littlewood

1596050498774.png

You can read Christopher's article for The Spectator, titled "Boris Johnson's absurd nanny state crusade" here: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/b... And Kate's "Last Flight Out of Spain" article, on returning to Britain moments before the new quarantine rules came into force, here: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/t...

Tuesday 4 August 2020 - Time: 7 - 8.30pm
The Equiano Project

Anyone found it on Youtube?

Tasters:

Yes, yes, yes. BLM and Left making UK and World worse by encouraging & promoting division
We’re seeing a huge escalation of racial division just at a time where we’ve made leaps and bounds
The founder of a new race, culture and politics think tank, The Equiano Project, has criticised anti-racism protest groups for “trying to roll the clock back” on race relations
Video

Tuesday 4 August 2020 - Time: 7 - 8.30pm
The Equiano Project

Anyone found it on Youtube?

Tasters:

Yes, yes, yes. BLM and Left making UK and World worse by encouraging & promoting division
Yes, found it. Here it is: The Equiano Project
No videos there yet but they suggest it's on the way. What a pleasant young lady. Makes a change from the division seemingly promoted on various media.

1596676727869.png

Official web page: The Equiano Project

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEquianoProject/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EquianoProject

There was an Equiano project run by a number of museums in 2006:
The Equiano Project | Olaudah Equiano

Last edited:
I'll look at that later, but suspect that it comprises a group of people telling me that I'm Racist. Feck off.
You have assumed and therefore missed the entire point of this group. They are not BLM. They are trying to offer a forum for discussion and hopefully moderation. As discussed in the talk BLM narrative and assumptions that all whites are inherently racist does not serve the interests of people of colour but encourages victim hood, excuses failure rather than encouraging attainment and increases fear, hostility and division. BLM don't like Trevor Phillips.
Yes there are things we may not agree with but it's open and free discussion rather than extremist doctrine employed by BLM and by some employers.

You have assumed and therefore missed the entire point of this group. They are not BLM. They are trying to offer a forum for discussion and hopefully moderation. As discussed in the talk BLM narrative and assumptions that all whites are inherently racist does not serve the interests of people of colour but encourages victim hood, excuses failure rather than encouraging attainment and increases fear, hostility and division. BLM don't like Trevor Phillips.
Yes there are things we may not agree with but it's open and free discussion rather than extremist doctrine employed by BLM and by some employers.
Didn't I say that I'd look at it later? I'm sure I did.

Yes, here it is:
I'll look at that later, but suspect that it comprises a group of people telling me that I'm Racist. Feck off.

Thanks. I had forgotten about this and had been looking forward to it. I've watched the first round of 42 minutes so far. While I don't agree with everything that has been said, everyone has made a useful contribution so far. A stand out was Ayishat Akanbi. I thought she was great. Trevor had a few technical issues but had a lot to contribute, especially interesting facts and statistics.

Tonight Sir John Redwood will be talking with the IEA about how Marxism made him a Capitalist.
ON YOUR MARX… - Guido Fawkes

If like me you missed the start of this it now available on YouTube. John also discusses the need to wind down furlough and get things back to as near as normal as possible. He does take the middle view that some business will not be the same and also that we will need to figure out what we need from public transport going forward.
I'm almost half way through the one hour interview. Lots of good stuff here and worth watching in my opinion.
ETA also China and a digital cold war and digital iron curtain.

Last edited:
BBC R4 Any Questions
Bed wetters vs Toby Young

Podcast, no registration required:
Thanks for that.
Here is a link to the specific episode referenced in case it might save others dowloading the latest episode and listening to 20 mins of callers before wondering where Toby Young was. :scratch: :lol: The server is quite fast, so the download was really quick. BBC Radio 4 - Any Questions? and Any Answers?, AQ: Charles Clarke, Stella Creasy MP, Michelle Donelan MP, Toby Young

Tonight Sir John Redwood will be talking with the IEA about how Marxism made him a Capitalist.
ON YOUR MARX… - Guido Fawkes

If like me you missed the start of this it now available on YouTube. John also discusses the need to wind down furlough and get things back to as near as normal as possible. He does take the middle view that some business will not be the same and also that we will need to figure out what we need from public transport going forward.
I'm almost half way through the one hour interview. Lots of good stuff here and worth watching in my opinion.
ETA also China and a digital cold war and digital iron curtain.

John Redwood; one of the best Prime Ministers we've never had. Enoch Powell certainly one of the others, along with (possibly) John Smith.

Are you white? Answer mother fukker

Latest Threads