Question Time Commentary

NSP

LE
On live from 6:30pm on YouTube or catch up later, an alternative to QT from the IEA.

(With the correct link this time :roll:)

LIVE WITH LITTLEWOOD – Thursday 2nd July – 6pm

ETA show description from Guido post:

As Black Lives Matter protests spread across the world, so too have accusations of virtue-signalling. Do we risk prioritising symbolism over substance?

Will Clapping for Carers stop the case being made for root and branch reform of the NHS?

Can regional lockdowns work?

And why is the Prime Minister looking to FDR?

All this and more will be under discussion tonight as LIVE WITH LITTLEWOOD returns to a screen near you.

Host Mark Littlewood will be joined by The Spectator’s Kate Andrews, Conservative commentator Alex Deane, Spiked’s Brendan O’Neill, political journalist Benedict Spence, The Critic’s Oliver Wiseman and Guido Fawkes’ Tom Harwood . They be joined by John Tillman, from the Illinois Policy Institute, and the IEA’s Stephen Davies and Christopher Snowdon.
Ooooh - Kate Andrews...

NSP

LE
Is it not interesting that over the last few years, how the alternative media predominately on YouTube, have grown the market and viewership of fair debate and long form interview format content. Many on a shoestring budget, compared with the full resources and funding of the BBC.

It is also telling that this multitude of content creators do to some degree ask and receive some funding from the audience but in many cases would i have little doubt still provide content without it...

While it is difficult to accurately and independently comparing the viewing figures, from the BBC and other mainstream media companies, against the alternative media, has and does seem to show a trend that they are winning the eyes and ears, of the wider public. Would that be because the only embracing of diversity is in that of opinion.

Of course as long as the BBC top staff sneer at the alternative media, only cater too the chattering elitist media and political classes, they have no desire change despite the threat that the government are making failing to have a TV Licence a civil rather than a criminal offence can not come soon enough.

That 'Crapita' is likely to dump collecting the licence fee, as i doubt they want the hassle, of dealing with large percentage of the wider population, who will likely either lawfully or illegally watch TV without buying a licence.

edit formating
I struggle to understand why the BBC, Sky, etc. continue to peddle footage heavily-edited to suit their narrative of fibs when the unedited version, or footage by others of the same event, again unedited, is often heading viral on social media before the media organisations have even brought their version to air, really.

I mean, do they not realise they just look stupid and turn more and more people off? Hence, #defundtheBBC seeming to be gaining more and more traction.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
I might give it a spin tonight - mainly because I've nothing else to shout at, the local "Fat Pigeon" and his squeeze seeming to have gone elsewhere to make more little pigeons at the moment.

Edited to add: thanks for tipping me off that it wasn't on, you bastards! I walked in from a pre-match pee to find that smug twunt gurning at me in 42" high-def!

Last edited:
do they not realise they just look stupid and turn more and more people off?
No. Those who agree with the proposition put forward by the commentator will agree with it regardless of any evidence to the contrary. That's why we have 'politics',which is the result of two or more different views of the same situation, and many thousands of correct answers. However, 'politics' became, right at the back of history, the basis for clearing ones' mortgage, and so it remains.

NSP

LE
No. Those who agree with the proposition put forward by the commentator will agree with it regardless of any evidence to the contrary. That's why we have 'politics',which is the result of two or more different views of the same situation, and many thousands of correct answers. However, 'politics' became, right at the back of history, the basis for clearing ones' mortgage, and so it remains.
The basis for clearing my mortgage was so I would have a secure roof over my head. The only time politics came into it was not voting for the party that would "tax me until the pips squeaked."

I can't be arrsed to watch QT again. I never used to miss it, but now, it's just dire. Instead, I'll watch Ch63 (Secret Access: UFOs on the record) then over to Ch17 (Ghost Loop), both of which are more believable than the usual tripe being puked at the general population by a QT panel.

Unless that is Diane Abbot's on in which case I watch.......after all, she's eye candy, so worth it if only for the glamour :-D :1:

I might give it a spin tonight - mainly because I've nothing else to shout at, the local "Fat Pigeon" and his squeeze seeming to have gone elsewhere to make more little pigeons at the moment.

John walt...

The basis for clearing my mortgage was so I would have a secure roof over my head. The only time politics came into it was not voting for the party that would "tax me until the pips squeaked."
I was talking about the politicos. You're some sort of seaborne seismic skivvy so don't count. I bet your tax bill is Adjusted for being absent from your landbound responsibilities anyway. Your bank's in Jersey or the Isle of Man, isn't it? Capitalist scum.

Cheers =D

Unless that is Diane Abbot's on
Wouldn't it be nice to get Abbot squared up to a question which mixes her brain-numbing mathematics on Police numbers in London with the BLM crap about defunding them... Won't happen, though; that would be a black hole for her, and even she's not that dim.

NSP

LE
I was talking about the politicos. You're some sort of seaborne seismic skivvy so don't count. I bet your tax bill is Adjusted for being absent from your landbound responsibilities anyway. Your bank's in Jersey or the Isle of Man, isn't it? Capitalist scum.

Cheers =D
Seismic...? Fuck off!!!! I work for a living.

I've made my tax days two years in twenty-two...

My bank is down the local High Street. I was kicked out of Jersey for being too filthy rich.

NSP

LE
Erm.... Why am I apparently watching Match of the Fucking Day...?

Televised football bores the tits off of me.
Almost as boring as football radio commentary and the interminable build up/post match discussions. Still, at least I can get back into my CD collection when Five Live goes into a Premier League boreathon! I actually loved the lockdown when there was no football on the radio. Over rated bollocks.

Doesn't Fiona Bruce mis-Manage one team ?

eta - packed with left wingers, picking fights with their own central defender whom they accuse of being … etc etc (cont next Thursday)

Ooooh - Kate Andrews...
I'm sure I saw her mother on an excerpt of a US news prog. Surname, appearance, voice and delivery were bang on - views were about the same. KA has a very low personal profile, but there is a reference to her being raised in a single-father household. Odd.

Leave granted to continue your dreams

NSP

LE
Are they bothering this week or will it be another dose of Lineker's lacklustre wokeness (with added reversocycle when the wheels are pulled off of the bandwagon) again - oh, and some of his waffle about punting a bag of wind around an oversized lawn...?

Saturday 11 June

24 Hour "Question Time" Special

The Australian Taxpayers’ Alliance & Australian Libertarian Society have put together a wonderfully ambitious 24 hour digital liberty conference which will be held this weekend.

Chris Snowden - (IEA, Spectator, Spiked...) on panel at 11 am (UK time)
Other speakers include:
Dave Rubin, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Bryan Caplan, Dan Hannan, Eric Crampton, Kate Andrews, Nick Gillespie, Eamonn Butler and Brendan O'Neill.

Latest Threads