Question Time Commentary

NSP

LE
Jess just said the govt need to say what are we going to do.......

I think she meant what we are going to do.

She's rubbish
She's thick.

Slime

LE
Regarding these statues. No one payed an iota of attention to them before. Someone from the BLM must have googled them and started this nonsense.
Do people realise that many countries of the world were built by slaves? The clothes the snowflake generation are wearing today are made by people in China on a pittance.
And that woman on a few weeks ago with a headband was talking shite.
The statue of Edward Colston that was pulled down in Bristol had been the subject of a removal campaign for around fifteen years. The exact same reason was given from the start right up to the day it was pulled down.

There had been a petition on it in Bristol, and a film maker had done a programme that featured the statue. There had even been an extra plaque unofficially added to the statue detailing colston’s slavery connection.

More recently an ‘artwork’ of dead bodies wrapped in bandages had been laid at the base of the statue.

The above is more than one iota of attention.

I notice everyone on the video wall wanting to speak is holding up their left hand. Is this because they fear that holding up their right hand in the same manner may be misconstrued?

Sieg!
BLM protestors/rioters always raise right arm when chanting - that's OK for BBC/C4

If a statue protector, all lives matter or veteran does - BBC/C4 claim 'Nazi salute'

One of the most biased News reports ever
Is it really impossible for journalists to report events without giving their own political view on it? This was probably one of the most biased reports I've ever seen

Churchill - ignoramus on C4 News
Newman doesn't say anything about her ignorance, stupidity and her claim of intelligence and stop interview. Remember attack on JP?

BLM protestors/rioters always raise right arm when chanting - that's OK for BBC/C4

If a statue protector, all lives matter or veteran does - BBC/C4 claim 'Nazi salute'

Is it really impossible for journalists to report events without giving their own political view on it? This was probably one of the most biased reports I've ever seen

Newman doesn't say anything about her ignorance, stupidity and her claim of intelligence and stop interview. Remember attack on JP?
Talk Radio's spot on DAB, following it's move to DAB+, has been taken by Times Radio. Newman is one of the Times Radio team... No, I haven't tried listening to it.

Possibly a stupid question, but why do they not seek/broadcast from a waveband most of us can actually access?
FM is pretty much full

MW & LW have plenty of space, but Govt believes it's too old fashioned and poor quality and everything should be Modern Digital. DAB OKish in London, rest of UK doesn't matter

I’ve seen many clips of the Doris talking about Churchill saying she’s”Never met him” but prior to that I couldn’t believe she was talking about racists being lauded and placed on a “peddle stool” or something very very similar.
How feckin’ difficult is the word pedestal? (Slaps forehead with palm):p:p

NSP

LE
FM is pretty much full

MW & LW have plenty of space, but Govt believes it's too old fashioned and poor quality and everything should be Modern Digital. DAB OKish in London, rest of UK doesn't matter
Much loss of DAB driving down Beatock and the pass at the bottom, and again through most of the Lakes on the M6. Something to do with all the big scenery, I reckon...

Is anyone better informed after seeing this programme? I didn't see it tonight but didn't miss it. Have any major issues been resolved? Has anyone made an arrse of themselves? Has the BBCs favoured cultural Identity been exonerated? I'm eager not to know, in a vague, dull, bored sense.

Still, if Guido finds hypocrisy, and it will if that quality is evident, I'll rewind and get upset.
Show was rubbish, boring 5 vs 1 Attack Tories with no topical debate. George the cock and Iona a waste of space

Theo Paphitis was disappointing with his constant Govt must do (interfere) more as answer for every question

A businessman should be telling Govt to end this farce and butt out

Are all the young people in this country communist?
Young? Only the ones BBC/C4 will permit on air

Must say all the under 30 'audience' would pass as 30+

Slime

LE
I’ve seen many clips of the Doris talking about Churchill saying she’s”Never met him” but prior to that I couldn’t believe she was talking about racists being lauded and placed on a “peddle stool” or something very very similar.
How feckin’ difficult is the word pedestal? (Slaps forehead with palm):p:p
Perhaps a peddle stool is somewhat similar to the early bone shaker bicycles.

One daft cow mentioned recently about how how many black men are in prison and that they are more likely to go to prison.
Maybe if they don’t break the law they won’t go to prison?...Just an idea.
Question Time now is always five lefties against the nasty line Tory. I don’t know why Cummings let’s them go in it?...

On live from 6:30pm on YouTube or catch up later, an alternative to QT from the IEA.

(With the correct link this time :roll:)

LIVE WITH LITTLEWOOD – Thursday 2nd July – 6pm

ETA show description from Guido post:

As Black Lives Matter protests spread across the world, so too have accusations of virtue-signalling. Do we risk prioritising symbolism over substance?

Will Clapping for Carers stop the case being made for root and branch reform of the NHS?

Can regional lockdowns work?

And why is the Prime Minister looking to FDR?

All this and more will be under discussion tonight as LIVE WITH LITTLEWOOD returns to a screen near you.

Host Mark Littlewood will be joined by The Spectator’s Kate Andrews, Conservative commentator Alex Deane, Spiked’s Brendan O’Neill, political journalist Benedict Spence, The Critic’s Oliver Wiseman and Guido Fawkes’ Tom Harwood . They be joined by John Tillman, from the Illinois Policy Institute, and the IEA’s Stephen Davies and Christopher Snowdon.

Last edited:
On live from 6:30pm on YouTube or catch up later, an alternative to QT from the IEA

Live with Littlewood – with Janet Daley, Alex Deane, Robert Colvile and more

Join us for the sixth in our Live with Littlewood series. Our Director General Mark Littlewood will be joined by a wide array of stellar guests – including Dan Hodges, Janet Daley, Robert Colvile, John O'Connell and many more – to discuss the week's most pressing topics. Catch up on our previous episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

That^ is one of the very few media discussions (weekly, on Guido) where opinions are aired without the BBC's leaden, dead Marxist hand on it. I really can't recommend it enough.

Apart from the views heard, most of the people who appear are the sort who I would be happy to share a pub table with; Littlewood and the likes of O'Neill could be argued (and agreed with) with until sparrowfart without fists or too many insults flying.

That^ is one of the very few media discussions (weekly, on Guido) where opinions are aired without the BBC's leaden, dead Marxist hand on it. I really can't recommend it enough.
Important to be clear that this is not Guido but the IEA, although the Guido site usually carries a link, so we can watch it embedded in the Guido page. The unrelated Guido Talks episodes can be worth watching, although they tend to be a web discussion version of the "Saturday 7 Up" highlights of the week.

Last edited:
On live from 6:30pm on YouTube or catch up later, an alternative to QT from the IEA

Live with Littlewood – with Janet Daley, Alex Deane, Robert Colvile and more

Join us for the sixth in our Live with Littlewood series. Our Director General Mark Littlewood will be joined by a wide array of stellar guests – including Dan Hodges, Janet Daley, Robert Colvile, John O'Connell and many more – to discuss the week's most pressing topics. Catch up on our previous episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Is it not interesting that over the last few years, how the alternative media predominately on YouTube, have grown the market and viewership of fair debate and long form interview format content. Many on a shoestring budget, compared with the full resources and funding of the BBC.

It is also telling that this multitude of content creators do to some degree ask and receive some funding from the audience but in many cases would i have little doubt still provide content without it...

While it is difficult to accurately and independently comparing the viewing figures, from the BBC and other mainstream media companies, against the alternative media, has and does seem to show a trend that they are winning the eyes and ears, of the wider public. Would that be because the only embracing of diversity is in that of opinion.

Of course as long as the BBC top staff sneer at the alternative media, only cater too the chattering elitist media and political classes, they have no desire change despite the threat that the government are making failing to have a TV Licence a civil rather than a criminal offence can not come soon enough.

That 'Crapita' is likely to dump collecting the licence fee, as i doubt they want the hassle, of dealing with large percentage of the wider population, who will likely either lawfully or illegally watch TV without buying a licence.

edit formating

Is it not interesting that over the last few years, how the alternative media predominately on YouTube, have grown the market and viewership of fair debate and long form interview format content. Many on a shoestring budget, compared with the full resources and funding of the BBC.

It is also telling that this multitude of content creators do to some degree ask and receive some funding from the audience but in many cases would i have little doubt still provide content without it...

While it is difficult to accurately and independently comparing the viewing figures, from the BBC and other mainstream media companies, against the alternative media, has and does seem to show a trend that they are winning the eyes and ears, of the wider public. Would that be because the only embracing of diversity is in that of opinion.

Of course as long as the BBC top staff sneer at the alternative media, only cater too the chattering elitist media and political classes, they have no desire change despite the threat that the government are making failing to have a TV Licence a civil rather than a criminal offence can not come soon enough.

That 'Crapita' is likely to dump collecting the licence fee, as i doubt they want the hassle, of dealing with large percentage of the wider population, who will likely either lawfully or illegally watch TV without buying a licence.

edit formating
There are just under 4000 people viewing this on YouTube.

Important to be clear that this is not Guido but the IEA, although the Guido site usually carries a link, so we can watch it embedded in the Guido page. The unrelated Guido Talks episodes can be worth watching, although they tend to be a web discussion version of the Saturday & Up highlights of the week.
Very true, and apologies for attributing Littlewoods' offering to the wrong source. Unfortunately, I couldn't give much of a toss for the IEA's output - economics, you see - but the cultural aspects of this get-together were very interesting; Guido Talks is much more focused on the hypocrisies of our fecken politicos, which is equally interesting.

There are just under 4000 people viewing this on YouTube.
Indeed many of the multitude of channels I watch and in some cases actively subscribe too, hit bigger viewing numbers despite the best efforts of 'YouTube censorship' than much of the derisive output of both the BBC and ITV news and current affair programs.

I would pay good money to see the reaction of some, if that fact was raised in Parliament either in select committee or better yet on the floor of the house, and PMQ's.

@Electromagnetic and @Whiskybreath at one time I enjoyed Question Time while following this thread and posting at the same time. Doing such was both comedy gold and informative.

Particularly when Dimbers and now, she who must interrupt, said to read what is being said and comment just press the red button now.

:razz:'Red Button, we dont need no stinking red button' :razz:

@Electromagnetic and @Whiskybreath at one time I enjoyed Question Time while following this thread and posting at the same time. Doing such was both comedy gold and informative.

Particularly when Dimbers and now, she who must interrupt, said to read what is being said and comment just press the red button now.

:razz:'Red Button, we dont need no stinking red button' :razz:
I confess that I had no idea what he was talking about. Television control mechanisms are a mystery to me.

Youtube link was for the last episode before they took a break. Apologies. :confused: Not sure if that was Guido or me. Have now updated the post to give this weeks link. Doh. This episode is obviously more topical and opens with discussion about BLM etc.

Last edited:

Latest Threads