Question Time Commentary

Slime

LE
I’m guessing that Bruce won’t mention the amount of schools who do plan to open for more pupils.

Bruce just cannot fookin’ help herself with her constant interruptions and talking over any Tory boy or girl.
Wonder if the dreg ever watches herself on playback?

Tory minister - Three seconds to Fiona Bruce’s first, albeit brief interruption.

Is this a record?
I’ll tell you what is a record. I’ve just switched over to QT - straight into Bruce interrupting who I assume is the token Tory whipping boy. Turned off and off to bed within 20 seconds. My own personnel record!

NSP

LE
Bruce just cannot fookin’ help herself with her constant interruptions and talking over any Tory boy or girl.
Wonder if the dreg ever watches herself on playback?
She probably goes home/hotel (depending on the nights venue), drops a scotch and wanks herself off/has a gigolo, such a frisson she must receive from the smug she must get from her perceived victory in fascistically silencing anyone she views as a fascist.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
"Normal"? That's an interesting way to put it. Washington Post (12 May) stated that the death rate relative to population size in Sweden is higher than that of the US. WPost article I picked the article at random after typing Sweden and Corona into Google as search terms. Currently the number infections in Sweden is higher than Norway and Finland combined.

That said there's an equivalent number of articles which support the herd immunity argument as well as those citing that herd immunity does not work with the corona virus.

Personally I like the idea of herd immunity, catch the virus, if you're reasonably fit and knock it off you're done. On the other hand do I want to take the risk. I've now lost 13 acquaintances since this all started with more than half with no medical issues and rudely fit. Maybe that is why I'm nervous about the herd immunity bit as being fit, or young (20s to 40s), is not a guarantee that you will survive.
first we need to reach herd immunity then we need to wait until the annual death totals are in and see just how many have been forward squadded to the heavenly pass out parade.

virologists and immunologists the world over are saying that herd immunity is the only way to get there in the end. whether that is natural or via vaccine the end result is the same - herd immunity.

telling people to let nature take its course doesn't make good headlines, give the govt the opportunity to mess about with extraordinary powers or make trillions for the drug companies though.

people tend to overlook that fact that their parents are in care homes because they are unable to look after themselves and would die otherwise. we are interfering with the natural cycle and shouldn't really complain when nature takes back control.

the SARS covid 2 element is nasty to those who go full on, but so are many other illnesses and being young is no security there are many factors and even being too healthy can have an effect as your body can effectively burn itself out fighting something that never had any intention of killing you.

too many elements are fighting over this for their own gains. drug companies don't like Hydroxychloriquine because there is no patent, it is FDA approved and perfectly safe so even if it doesn't work it will not kill you. it is not a cure but it slows down the infection just enough for you to fight it. tens of thousands of doctors are dosing their own families with it knowing that at worst it can do no harm. you can bet those doctors will not be rushing to stick an untried vaccine into their arms either.

the press do not like Hydroxy because Trump advocates which means by their law it has to be wrong because orange man bad.

at the end of the day you are more at risk going on a foreign holiday or a cruise.

Slime

LE
Excellent, we have someone who is still a student talking about his ‘expericence’.

He may well have a shock when he properly enters his field, and realises just how little he knows.

Slime

LE
Should the government bail out theatres? Really?
An odd question really, especially considering how much cash the arts have been getting for so long.

Slime

LE
One out of two people go to the theatre? Don't think so.
Maybe that’s taken from overall attendance numbers.
There are lots of reasons to go to a theatre. I normally go six or seven times per year, and for a variety of shows.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ll tell you what is a record. I’ve just switched over to QT - straight into Bruce interrupting who I assume is the token Tory whipping boy. Turned off and off to bed within 20 seconds. My own personnel record!
you know you can get treatment for that?

NSP

LE
One out of two people go to the theatre? Don't think so.
I think I was sub-secondary school last time I was taken to the theatre.

NSP

LE
One in two people go to theatre? Really? 50% of the population regularly go to the theatre?
Bol****s.
I would contend that the 2020 statics to date show a much lower ratio than that.

Latest Threads